• Change lanes?

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Ignore him?

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Speed up?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Slow down?

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Flash your lights back at him once he gets ahead?

• Honk at him?

• Yell at him, with or without obscenities?

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Flip him the bird?

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Or some combination of the above or something else?

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters
Let the Gent Pass,
Look at him, Mouth the words "Dont Be a D**k"
Depress Clutch, Rev Engine, Engage Clutch
Continue on my way.

I play SA:MP, and because of the lag you have to swerve in front of them to actually ram them.

So if you see somoene IRL swerving around crazily in front of people, it's me! :D

haha, glad my car weighs almost 4k lbs, and its a unibody at that!

then again i bet a caprice or a suburban would be better at ramming

This.

Let me put something in prospective for you all of you. Here in Wisconsin we have concealed carry and a castle doctrine that extends to you in your car where-ever that may be. The person in a car has no duty to flee but morally should if there are no objects blocking them and their fleeing would not endanger others.

So let's say I'm the guy who cut you off, or maybe I bumped my horn by accident while behind you and got you all worked up. If you followed me and cornered me afterwords in a threatening manor I could legally draw my weapon out of its holster (which with where I wear it the steatbelt does not hinder my draw) and fire on you to protect myself and my property. The only thing I would need to prove to the police is that I felt like I and my property was in danger which the scuff or scratch you left while pounding on my car will satisfy.

The moral? If you think that it's worth risking your life to get back at someone who might have made an honest mistake or simply didn't see you then go for. Be a dick and make people like me who hope to never harm a fellow human live a worst-case scenario and change both of our lives forever. Otherwise you can be the bigger man and brush it off and let it go. The world is full of assholes and letting one ruin your mood is pretty pathetic.
The castle doctrine only applies if and only if you have an immediate fear of death or serious injury , All of the examples of It I have seen have only applied if the person you fear is attempting to gain entry to your property with you inside of it for example in California there is a presumption that if someone has unlawfully entered your property you as a resident of that property will fear death or serious injury . If someone has merely scratched your car and is shouting at you then do you really think drawing your weapon and then firing it is really a reasonable , measured and proportionate response ? Do you really think that if someone is outside of your vehicle visibly unarmed shouting at you inside you are going to be able to convince the court that you had reasonable grounds to believe that death or serious injury was imminent ?

Generally when it comes to idiot drivers which I see a lot of in the neighborhood I live in I leave them be as long as me or my vehicle have come to no harm I am not that fussed and life is too short to get into a confrontation with every person who makes a mistake or genuinely cant drive .

However when I am riding my bike I will occasionally tap on windows and make myself heard by drivers for their mistakes usually making a left turn without checking their mirrors as the risk of harm to me is massively increased due to me being on a bicycle . However there was one gentleman who was not impressed with a hand gesture after a particularly impatient display of driving because he could not pass me as I had positioned myself some way from the side of the road in the center of the carriageway and was riding 2 abreast. He was so unimpressed that about 1/4 mile down the road he stopped and got out of his car and stood in the middle of the road and proceeded in attempting to knock us off our bikes . we managed to surround him restrain him and call the police and he was then arrested for drink driving as the officer who turned up had the good sense to perform a breath test on this gentleman

Last edited:
The castle doctrine only applies if and only if you have an immediate fear of death or serious injury , All of the examples of It I have seen have only applied if the person you fear is attempting to gain entry to your property with you inside of it for example in California there is a presumption that if someone has unlawfully entered your property you as a resident of that property will fear death or serious injury . If someone has merely scratched your car and is shouting at you then do you really think drawing your weapon and then firing it is really a reasonable , measured and proportionate response ? Do you really think that if someone is outside of your vehicle visibly unarmed shouting at you inside you are going to be able to convince the court that you had reasonable grounds to believe that death or serious injury was imminent ?

In my state, it applies to vehicles as well, it's kind of a cross between the stand your ground/make my day laws and castle doctrine. Second paragraph of this will prove it: Walker signs 'castle doctrine' bill, other measures - JSOnline

For the record I was giving a worst-case scenario. I'm typically level head headed an my fear of of actually using my weapon would stay my hand but that cannot be said for everyone when adrenaline is pumping. That's what I wanted to point out. Assuming no weapon I'd take a picture of the guy and his license plates with my phone then call the cops (as I've done before). If he was hitting the glass so hard it started cracking, then I'd have a reasonable fear for safety enough to draw my weapon.

When being confronted by the man in your example, I would:
Blow horn for several seconds. This would have the effect of momentarily stunning him.
Twist key
Drop in gear
Be on my way

Any judge in their right mind would simply ask you this question>
Why, when sitting in a 2 ton automobile, did you not simply put the car in gear and drive away? Why instead did you choose to shoot an unarmed man who was simply beating on your window and calling you names?

In my state, it applies to vehicles as well, it's kind of a cross between the stand your ground/make my day laws and castle doctrine. Second paragraph of this will prove it: Walker signs 'castle doctrine' bill, other measures - JSOnline

For the record I was giving a worst-case scenario. I'm typically level head headed an my fear of of actually using my weapon would stay my hand but that cannot be said for everyone when adrenaline is pumping. That's what I wanted to point out. Assuming no weapon I'd take a picture of the guy and his license plates with my phone then call the cops (as I've done before). If he was hitting the glass so hard it started cracking, then I'd have a reasonable fear for safety enough to draw my weapon.
Guns is not the answer, that's the problem Americans seem to have when the rest of the world looks at you... Gun culture society....
I own guns and never would I dream of ever using one on another human being....
There are other measures to take before thinking of using a gun.
I can understand using gun as last resort but man you must be in fear knowing the other person is wanting to take your life....

Last edited:
Jesus guys read my entire posts.

Any judge in their right mind would simply ask you this question>
Why, when sitting in a 2 ton automobile, did you not simply put the car in gear and drive away? Why instead did you choose to shoot an unarmed man who was simply beating on your window and calling you names?

To quote my first post here:
me said:
The person in a car has no duty to flee but morally should if there are no objects blocking them and their fleeing would not endanger others.
Driving into a building or an innocent bystander isn't a good option but I did acknowledge that they should flee

I can understand using gun as last resort but man you must be in fear knowing the other person is wanting to take your life....
I agree, it is a last resort. Like I said in my first post
me again said:
like me who hope to never harm a fellow human live a worst-case scenario and change both of our lives forever.
I never want to draw my weapon and everyone I know who carries is the same.

What both of you seem to have missed is that I was giving a worst-case senario to show what these people's young male bravado can do and how it can change or end their lives if they mess with the wrong person. Here's what I said I'd do in this case (which both of you missed)
me said:
Assuming no weapon I'd take a picture of the guy and his license plates with my phone then call the cops (as I've done before)
I had my gun with me then. I didn't draw and I was stuck at a traffic light with no where to flee but pictures were worth enough to get my car repaired.

Oh yer I get that in some states the castle doctrine extends to cars and boats etc however you where stating that the castle doctrine could be invoked to protect against further property damage whereas I was saying lethal force should not and could not in my eyes ever be used to justify protecting property its only justification in my view is to prevent loss of life or serious serious injury such as permanent paralysis

you where stating that the castle doctrine could be invoked to protect against further property damage whereas I was saying lethal force should not and could not in my eyes ever be used to justify protecting property its only justification in my view is to prevent loss of life or serious serious injury such as permanent paralysis

My point (or at this point I might as well say attempted point) was that someone could feel threatened enough to draw for that. Do I think it'd be the right thing for just property damage, no. My property can be replaced by their insurance or their wallet but the fired bullet can never be undone

Maybe using "I" in the example I gave was a bad choice as I'm getting the idea that most of you think that's how I'd react in that situation. If confronted while still in the car, I'd drive off if possible or like I mentioned in the previous post get pictures and call the cops. If on foot because I didn't notice them and got out of my car, I'd try to flee first.

Back
Top Bottom