Possibly heating problem.

Amberclad

Beta member
Hi I have bought an Asus k55vd for my networking class and also to be able to game a little (not with the highest graphic) .

When i start up a game the high left corner (Where a fan is ) is getting really hot i wasnt sure it was normal so I bought a cooler pad to be sure .

Still it is getting really hot 73 celsius is the highest I recorded while playing Skyrim at the lowest graphics.

73 degree celsius = 163 in farenheit wich seems a lot to me , maybe im too scared to blow up this cpu.

I just want to know if its normal , or if not what solutions could be good.

thanks

matt

Laptops breath from the bottom and out the side or back. If you have the underside intake ports blocked. completely or partially, it will get real hot.
The term "laptop" is a misnomer. To hold it on your lap blocks the breather ports on the bottom. Same for the arm of the couch or the comforter on your bed.
If you use your lappy in that manner I'd suggest getting one of the beanbag lap desks. It's got a hard top to put your lappy on while the bottom is a beanbag to mold to your lap.
And even though it's a laptop, you do need to blow out the ports once in a while. The air you and it breathes is pretty dirty.

actually a hoover is worse
a vacuum cleaner can cause static build up
which could fry some parts on your system

its much better to use compressed air
either from a can or a big tank

laptops are very bad about heat removal
so yes its normal
they do get quite alot hotter then a desktop
(that you feel)
but you definitely need to put it on a hard surface so it can breathe

Static build up when hoovering a carpet but not a pc. Use a static discharge band on the Hoover pipe.

Back
Top Bottom