Gaming pc

The program will still work no problem, only that only 4 of the 8 cores would be used at max.
For example, imagine a car could drive at a top speed of 140MPH. However when driving on a road with a 20MPH speed limit, the car can only drive at 20MPH. The car therefore will still perform as usual, but will just not be utilising its full power.

Well it varies from game to game but I think (and someone can correct me if I'm wrong) the most is 4 cores. Although if you have a choice between a quad core and a hexa- or octa- core, go for the one with the higher clock speed

If 8 cores don't work with games then wouldn't it be better to get a 4 core chip and save some money

Get whichever has the higher clock (after taking the price into account). Although Joe is right that 8 cores would be better for the future, by the time games start using 8 cores, I doubt you'll still have the same CPU that you're planning to get at the minute.

The computer that I am customizing can have a primary hard drive and a data hard drive. If I get a 60GB SSD as my primary and then a 1TB hard drive for the data hard drive slot how would that work. I know SSD have faster windows boot, faster game loading etc. Does the data combine so I get a total of 1TB and 60GB. but when I am doing stuff the SSD is doing all the work becuase it is faster. Sorry if it is confusing.

Unfortunately no, at least not in the way you're suggesting. Both of the drives would stay separate. The 1TB HDD will store a lot of data but will be quite slow (comparatively). The SSD is on the other end of the scale with a small amount of storage but high speeds. Therefore you should store the bulk of your data on the HDD (documents, music, videos etc.) and the OS, programs you use a lot and/or any games you're playing on the SSD.

To get what you're suggesting (or at least what I think you're suggesting - I'm too tired think atm :) ) you would need to get a 1TB SSD, which costs quite a lot to say the least.

Hope this answers your question

Back
Top Bottom