Windows 7 pro 32 & 64 bit

Nicodo19

Beta member
I just built a new computer and when booting from windows 7 pro it did not give me the option of choosing 32 or 64 but the motherboard I have says I must use 64 which is also the criteria that I chose some of my other components on. How do I make the switch? I only have the one disc which supposedly has both on it.
TIA for any and all help

I just built a new computer and when booting from windows 7 pro it did not give me the option of choosing 32 or 64 but the motherboard I have says I must use 64 which is also the criteria that I chose some of my other components on. How do I make the switch? I only have the one disc which supposedly has both on it.
TIA for any and all help

So what's the issue here? You would actually want the PC to have a 64bit OS anymore. You don't lose any functionality by selecting 64bit, but you do if you select 32bit. Depending on the program, they no longer support 32bit. This is rare, but I really don't know of anything situation where the opposite is true (only supporting 32bit).

Regardless, it would help to know during which process you were 'forced' into selecting 64bit, and how many CD's came with the Windows package you purchased. If you purchased an OEM license, you may only have a CD for x64. If you purchased a retail license, you might have two CD's in the box...

Which motherboard and which license?

Back
Top Bottom