Which OS To Use

JoshMRoss

Beta member
I have an E machine ET1161-05 And im wondering what OS I should use. just for an everyday thing kind of not really much gaming . I Currently have Unbutu 12.04 on thee but im wondering if you guys pefer something else?

as standard ubuntu comes with gnome. else the OS is called kubuntu if you want KDE as standard.
you are running gnome shell. (also referred to as just gnome 3) it's a newer version of gnome. some don't like the new one, others love it.
the pictures i linked to was the good old gnome. gnome 2.3

JoshMRoss said:
Isn't the Gnome one from Previouis Unbutu Release.

Previous versions of Ubuntu used a more stock version of Gnome. Your version uses a newer version with Unity but it's still, AFAIK, still based on Gnome.

it is linux.
ubuntu is a linux distribution. distributions are like different versions of linux.
Gnome and KDE are user-interfaces that shows the graphic instead of just a command line.

it is linux.
ubuntu is a linux distribution. distributions are like different versions of linux.
Gnome and KDE are user-interfaces that shows the graphic instead of just a command line.

Ok. Not good at Linux and never used it. Oh yeah, and why don't ya try a new OS, like Windows or maybe a Mac, JoshMRoss do[-‹[: skateboarding guy

Back
Top Bottom