Random Chit Chat

Ok I ran a benchmark All I could find short notice was the far cry 2 benchmark so I maxed that out and ran it and the gpu only went into the 80s. Before dusting it was idling around 78 so I don't know maybe it's just the way the card is.

My GPU is a 6670 idle temp is around 26c

MWSnap00746.png

Wow, that is a tiny cooler. I'm not surprised it's idling so high. It's probably ramping fans way up under load, which is why there is so little difference between the temps.

So to close this whole topic of my video card do you think personally that it would be safe for thls card to run between 65-80c depending on load in the long run? I typically over the life of one of my rigs upgrade the video card once from what I originally put in it

It seems to be stable I get no artifacts or anything I used to get a BSOD every now and again when watching flash video in IE but that was on my old rig so far (knock on wood) it hasn't been that way on my new rig. I'm going to give it a thorough dusting when I get more compressed air my can was very low when I dusted it today and I didn't take it out of the computer when I dusted it

Wildcat you have a nice cooler on yours I may add mine is quite small and evidently clogs with dust easily

I think you'll be okay at those temps. Just make sure you register the card with XFX so you get the lifetime warranty. Their lower end stuff has this nasty tendency to die from poor manufacturing or subpar components.

I'll probably just upgrade to something better when if it dies like it did when my 8600gts died

will register though if I can find the box the card came in

Back
Top Bottom