• Change lanes?

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Ignore him?

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Speed up?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Slow down?

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Flash your lights back at him once he gets ahead?

• Honk at him?

• Yell at him, with or without obscenities?

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Flip him the bird?

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Or some combination of the above or something else?

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters

Tech Explorer

In Runtime
You know how it goes. You're driving along the left lane of a highway at or close to the speed limit enjoying the ride. Suddenly someone comes up close behind you flashing his lights expecting you to get out of his way. Do you: (see poll options)

Similar scenario except this time you're in the center lane, again driving close to the speed limit and a tractor trailer comes up from behind blasting his horn expecting you to change lanes (which he could easily do himself as there's no other traffic around). Would you: (see poll options)

Last edited:
I have only been driving about one year (new Mini) but I now have a few hand signals that are not a part of the Highway Code :D

I'd ur in the left lane u gotta move over or speed up. Right lane is for enjoying the ride. Left lane is for getting where ur going. (this is assuming that it's American roads)

And just gonna through this out there....please, PLEASE, always go the speed limit. Going under it is just as likely to cause an accident as going over it (because u get a big line up of people who then feel the need to fly by u once ur out of the way and they all know are experiencing road rage).

Over here in Australia we have our share of Nut cases on the road, best to ignore & get out of way but what I do is get rego number & description of vehicle and pass it onto the police.....
I have had a few confrontations years ago and believe me it can get ugly, I'm too old for this crap and you do not know what type of person you are dealing with.

Wait for him to get past, shift down, get along side (I ride a motorcycle, 'cause I'm that cool. loljk), give his car a good few punches with my carbon-armored gloves and shoot off.
Yeah.... as you start to punch the door the driver of the car pulls the steering wheel in your direction..... lights out for you baby as he looks cool driving over the top of you....rofl......

Yeah.... as you start to punch the door the driver of the car pulls the steering wheel in your direction..... lights out for you baby as he looks cool driving over the top of you....rofl......

Dw, I don't stay alongside long enough for them to realise what's going on.

This one time, I did follow this bloke in a BMW who cut me up on a roundabout, when he stopped at his destination i pulled up alongside and had a right go at him, which ended in me restraining myself from nutting him one with my helmet on, and him apologising, which i was satisfied with.

If you drive like a knob, expect to be treated like one should you be unfortunate enough to come across someone like me :lol:

Dw, I don't stay alongside long enough for them to realise what's going on.

This one time, I did follow this bloke in a BMW who cut me up on a roundabout, when he stopped at his destination i pulled up alongside and had a right go at him, which ended in me restraining myself from nutting him one with my helmet on, and him apologising, which i was satisfied with.

If you drive like a knob, expect to be treated like one should you be unfortunate enough to come across someone like me :lol:
You got to be careful with who you are dealing with, plenty of nut cases out there who do not value life as you do...
I use to be a very wild person when I was young, did not care much about other people and did things that I am now ashamed of when I think back, but just stating the facts you never know who you are dealing with when confronting strangers and the end result might not be pleasant.
My own lesson in life is now try to be courteous to others if possible..... but you will learn for self.

Back
Top Bottom