Random Chit Chat

Mmmmm friday the 13th :eek:

Think you have to go out your front door and come back in again 3 times, open all windows and never never wear blue socks :rofl:

Hope your build goes well :D

Hey guys guess what!

20120713190431.jpg

By mikee286 at 2012-07-13

20120713175800.jpg

By mikee286 at 2012-07-13

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Nice! What are specs?

I think my M4A79T deluxe died the other day. I moved my desk, and it just quit POSTing. Went through all the ordinary troubleshooting, and it booted once but it wouldn't again. I just went and tested the rest of the parts in my brother's computer and they're all good. Ugh. Hope Asus takes open box boards for RMA.

Last edited:
The new rig is a Phenom II x6 1045T 2.7 GHZ, ASUS M4A88T-M Motherboard, 8Gb Corsair Vengeance ram Western Digital WD5000AAKX Caviar Blue Hard Drive 500GB, Seagate 1.5TB drive from old computer xfx radeon 6670 from old rig

It sure feels nice to be able to play all of my games again, before I was limited by the 120gb ide drive which wasn't much for games. And when you or atleast me builds a new computer and plays the same games it is like playing a whole new game when played at way higher settings

I think my M4A79T deluxe died the other day. I moved my desk, and it just quit POSTing. Went through all the ordinary troubleshooting, and it booted once but it wouldn't again. I just went and tested the rest of the parts in my brother's computer and they're all good. Ugh. Hope Asus takes open box boards for RMA.

I think only the store you bought the mobo from will know it was open box since its technically a new non refurbished product so you sholud be good

Last edited:
Oh not bad. Phenom x6 seems like kinda an odd choice nowadays, but they're still plenty powerful.

The invoice for the board says that it's open box. I've heard of people being turned down with other companies, but i've never heard anything about asus. Guess we'll see.

I wish I had the desire to fool with my computer. The OS is corrupt from a lazy setup on my SSD and keeps blue screening lol. I will be sleeving a power-supply for a friend though which I surprisingly enjoy doing :D

Cars are the big money sink now. Cabbs and I are busily working away on our Miatae (plural Miata).

I've been the same way lately. This computer hasn't been touched in ages. I kinda lost all interest in gaming (mainly because of the violence in most games,) so I haven't really had any need to upgrade things or overclock. I still open up flight sim or minecraft and screw around every once in a while, but i've been getting severe nausea after an hour or two lately. I think I had sort of become accustomed to it before, since i was like that for a while right when i got into gaming.

I think my new computers running a little hot are these temps ok or should I be worried?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I'm using all stock cooling and have a front case fan sucking air in which came on the case and I added my other 120mm fan on the back which is thermally controlled

speedfan generally isn't very accurate. Try something else. I used to use everest, but idk what the best is now. Also, those are just idle temps. Load it up with something and see what happens. furmark for gpu, prime95 for cpu other components would be my suggestion.

Assuming those temps are accurate (besides the -128C obviously) it looks good except for the gpu. 77C is generally closer to what it should be at full load. I suspect that sensor may not be read correctly, since it's reporting 0 RPM. Try using the overclocking section in CCC. I think it reports temps and fan speeds. MSI afterburner is also really good if you only have one monitor and want to track what it does in a fullscreen application.

Since you're using stock cooling, did you wipe the gigantic blob of thermal grease off and reapply it? AMD puts way too much on those things. I usually put a piece the size of a grain of rice and spread it as thin as possible with a razorblade.

EDIT: Also, check your PSU voltages in the bios or with a multimeter. It's probably another read error, but those look way off.

Last edited:
Actually I use that's left of my compressed air can and blew the video card out and its in the mid to high 60s at idle the fan is much quieter now too but I'm going to give it a while and see what happens.

I'm just a little paranoid since someone on another forum said that temps in the 80s were absurd for a 6670

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom