Whats wrong with this monitor?

aPanzerIV

Daemon Poster
Alrighty, i picked up a starlogic M17ana for $3 at an auction because it didn't have a power brick. So I bought one and hooked it up. I went scrounging around for a cable because i didn't have one on hand, slapped that on there and turned it on.

This is what comes up: monitor2.jpeg

So I messed around in windows, I couldn't fix it beyond that, or get it to run at correct resolution (1280x1024 as said on monitor).

I turned it off, and the "no signal" notice came on as many monitors do, except it was all bright and clear and wtf-less.

I tried a different VGA cable and it made no difference.

Whats wrong with this thing?

Edit: Really weird crap with this monitor:

Hooked up an older system because the monitor DID work and i needed to fix something on it. Went into bios, and there were no problems like in the pic.

So ima rephrase the question. Whats wrong with windows and my monitor?

Last edited:
And you wonder why it only cost 3 dollars...

Is the brick outputing the correct voltage?

Also the monitor may have been dropped. That would damage the lcd sandwich. Same thing would happen if something had been set on the face while laying on its back.
It's pretty easy to muck one up.
And people wonder why I go off on them when they poke the screen...

I fixed it, turns out, like my other monitor, it can only run at 60 hertz, after setting it from 68 to 60, it started working.

Abeit odd, I also had to set the resolution to 1280x1024 using ati catalyst.

But it works, so a total of 12 big ones wasn't that bad for a monitor i can pair up with my old one.

Back
Top Bottom