Using Outlook 2010 email - Can't change font settings in a reply

WhereBob

In Runtime
This is a random issue and wondering if anyone knows why this happens or a fix? I have a user running windows 7 pro 64 and is using Outlook 2010 professional plus.
Sometimes when he replies to an email the font settings are greyed out so he can't adjust his font? Anyone seen this and know the fix?

Thanks

Has he tried to type out his response and then highlight it then try to edit the font and format? It could be that there is some script within the email that is preventing formatting, so they could just create a new email, copy the content of that email into a new email and from there create the message how they want it.

The original email was sent in....ah!....the name is escaping me. It's basically "generic, basic font". Can anyone help with the actual name?

It's called "plain text format" and there is no "fix" to my knowledge. There maybe is a setting that will allow you to turn on/off something like "reply to plain text format in plain text" but I don't know for sure. This is my best guess at the problem.

Last edited:
, so they could just create a new email, copy the content of that email into a new email and from there create the message how they want it.
Yea that will work but a real pain, especially cause he gets a lot of emails and doesn't have much time to mess around. He just needs to reply and bold certain words so customers can easliy understand his point.

Thanks for the reply

Back
Top Bottom