Can computers share audio?

wonderd

Beta member
I am looking for the ability to share audio from one computer to another.

Example: Computer 1 plays a youtube video how can you make computer 2 hear the audio from computer 1's youtube video without either computer using a microphone.

I have tried team viewer but it does not support this type of audio sharing, even during a meeting.

I have tried remote desktop connection, and it works, but it force logs out the user on computer 1. (Even by hacking windows 7 to allow multiple users) It still logs out of the original user that is playing the video

Both computers need to be able to hear the audio.

Been trying to figure this out all day. Please help.

If the computers are next to each other you could join them with a standard 3.5mm audio cable providing the second computer has an audio in jack. Most desktops will. You would play the YouTube vid on computer 1 and run a cable from that pcs audio out headphone jack to the audio in on the second pc.

However I don't think you will eat anything on pc 1 so I don't know if this will help you.

so from what i understand it is not as simpel as just getting a jack splitter.
it's not about both computers being able to export sound to 1 set of speaker. Im i right?
and you say you dont' want to use the mic port on the computers?

i don't quide get why you want to do this.
but try "italc" that might be the tool you need to do whatever workaround you are trying to accomplice.

The copmuters are on 2 seperate sides of the house and Mic is not an option, I just want to here the sound from computer 1 on computer 2 even the windows sounds

Back
Top Bottom