My Creative Audigy sound blaster audio card isnt being detected by my system

OK, i have confirmed for sure that both the audio card, and motherboard PCI slots work. after rebooting with the audio card out; in the device manager under Other Devices>Multimedia Video Controller, disappeared. at the same time before i rebooted, i plugged in an ethernet card, and now in the device manager, i get under Other Devices>PCI Device. so the issue is NOT my audio card or motherboard. which leads me to continue to believe i have an issue with my BIOS settings and/or needs and update which i cant find for this model of computer......

---------- Post added at 04:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:33 PM ----------

i dont know if this has anything to do with it, but i have 39 "Texas Instruments 1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller" with the yellow triangle with black "!" on it under IEEE 1394 Bus Host Controller

Did you install drivers for the Ethernet card? If not, you didn't really prove anything but that the computer can detect something on the port and classify it but nothing else.

If you did install drivers for the ethernet card and they worked and you were able to establish a network connection with it then I'd try disabling the on-board sound card in BIOS in case that is conflicting.

Also, with the 1394 device giving the warning that it is, that leads me to believe there is a windows issue or again a bad motherboard. Assuming it's just software related, it can usually be fixed by downloading the chipset drivers from gateway's website.

ok, i got another creative audigy sound card from my little bros computer (he just got a new one) and i get the same thing in device manager. Other Devices>Multimedia Video Controller.

months ago some idiot claiming to know more about computers changed some crap in my BIOS and it was around the same time my card stopped workin. im about to reset my bios to factory defaults

Good God, i think i just solved my SIMPLE issue, give me a few minutes and ill get back to you........

ok, nevermind i did not solve it. when i looked for drivers for this other audio card, it took me to a forum of some kind that had a link to the drivers, and it suggested to run it in compatibility mode. i tried that, didnt work. i tried other compatibilities with no luck. but im wanting to try the same thing with the original card i wanted to use.

also, i have tried disabling the onboard audio device (in the BIOS) and had no luck. the only thing that changed was i couldnt get onboard sound.

Hi Twerly,

Anyway my girlfriend is using a SB Audigy 2 card and it sometimes just disappears for no reason what so ever. Also the Creative drivers suck bigtime. Try these drivers instead SB Audigy Series Support Pack 4.0 (01/12/2012) - Final Version (The download link is at the very bottom of his first post)

Daniel_K who created them drivers really knows what he is doing and as for me solved the part where you go to install drivers and it says no device found... This was with a Audigy 2 and now my XF-i Xtreme Music cards.

Also just check that there is some sort of Multimedia device showing up in you Device Manager first. If there is then you should have no problem installing these drivers.

In regards to the "Jumper" you mentioned. I'm pretty sure that the Audigy of my girlfirends doesn't have one on there either. If i remember right it is for enabling the front panel connector. That's all.

Good luck anyway and i hope you get it sorted ;)

My audio card is not in this list of supported cards. i have Creative Technology Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy Eax Hd Internal Sound Card Sb0090 03461

i found out i never had the correct drivers in the first place, and cannot find them. and correction my card is Creative Sound Blaster SB1394 Audigy EAX Advanced HD Sound Card SB0090
Can anyone please find the driver for me, because ive been doing this for 2 days now and im extremely frustrated

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom