Best SSD ?

arsenalbates

Daemon Poster
I am looking at perhaps getting myself a SSD however I have noticed that some of the drives use the first gen controller which i have heard has had its fair share of problems.

What in your opinion is the best drive on the market now (under 100GB in size) that works without any flaws ?

The crucial m4 series is brilliant. I currently have 2x128GB both work without a problem. Only downside is that they have relatively low write speeds

I have ordered the samsung 830 as they seem to be a decent drive without many problems and they use their own controller. They also seem faster than the m4's but not by any noticeable difference :)

Yes I will be. The only reason I have left it this long is due to the fact I didn't want to have to reinstall all my programs. I have a lot !

After looking through them there are only about 25 that I actually need and use regularly.

Yes I will be. The only reason I have left it this long is due to the fact I didn't want to have to reinstall all my programs. I have a lot !

After looking through them there are only about 25 that I actually need and use regularly.

Haha nice, it'll all be worth it anyway, you'll love it.

Installed it yesterday and I don't know why I didn't get one earlier :)

Windows boots and is ready within 30 seconds whereas my old HDD took minutes.

I'm only running on SATA 2 unfortunately but i will be upgrading my mobo and processor sometime in the near future so then i will get the full potential of the drive.

I use OCZ Vertex 3, a 120GB and a 240GB no complaints yet, hope you enjoy your new drive arsenalbates :)

OCZ Vertex 3
Controller: SandForce SF-2281
Maximum Read: 550MB/sec
Maximum Write: 520MB/sec
Sustained Write: 520MB/sec
Max I/O Per Second (IOPS): 60000 IOPS (4KB File)
NAND Flash: Multi-Level Cell (MLC)
Interface: SATA-III / 6Gbps (Backwards compatible with SATA-II / 3Gbps)
TRIM Support (Requires Windows 7)
Warranty: 3 Years

Back
Top Bottom