My Creative Audigy sound blaster audio card isnt being detected by my system

Twerly

Solid State Member
Simple issue with audio card, but cant find solution

Ive had this card working on this tower before, and one day out of the blue, it stops working. this card isnt broken as i have used it on another tower recently. i tried putting the card into each of the 2 slots for it and it still wont detect it. i manually found the drivers,and when i try to install it, it says that no device for the drivers was detected.
Also, it looks like the card might need a jumper plug but doesnt have one, do i need one? and which prongs would it go on??
ive tried some of the suggestions ive seen around that are similar to my problem, but they dont seem to work, maybe im doing/not doing something right/wrong?:confused: :pcmad:

i really need this to work, any help would be most appreciated. Thanks

i registered to another site but no replies, or even views, i think it was a dead community. i know i have a very SIMPLE problem, but i just cant find it...

Last edited:
you serious, 140 views and no help? guess i gotta w8 longer. this feels like knowin my keys are right around here somewhere, and cant find, but someone knows where they are....

Hi Twerly,

Anyway my girlfriend is using a SB Audigy 2 card and it sometimes just disappears for no reason what so ever. Also the Creative drivers suck bigtime. Try these drivers instead http://forums.creative.com/showthread.php?t=697079 (The download link is at the very bottom of his first post)

Daniel_K who created them drivers really knows what he is doing and as for me solved the part where you go to install drivers and it says no device found... This was with a Audigy 2 and now my XF-i Xtreme Music cards.

Also just check that there is some sort of Multimedia device showing up in you Device Manager first. If there is then you should have no problem installing these drivers.

In regards to the "Jumper" you mentioned. I'm pretty sure that the Audigy of my girlfirends doesn't have one on there either. If i remember right it is for enabling the front panel connector. That's all.

Good luck anyway and i hope you get it sorted ;)

Last edited:
I will try this, as the "Multimedia Video Controller" is present under the Other Devices submenu. i really dont know why it shows up as this, but it does go away when i dont have the card plugged in. ill get back to you in a few minutes.

---------- Post added at 10:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 AM ----------

But i just dont understand, i plugged it into another tower and it found the drivers itself and installed them. this card has worked b4 on this tower as well

""Setup was unable to detect a supported product on your system. Please ensure that your product is properly installed before running the setup program.
Setup will now exit.""
Same stupid issue
I REALLY do believe that there is some BIOS setting i need to change. im thinking that the PCI slots are turned off.

I need someone who knows bit more than i do about BIOS settings. i Know a bit but not enough......

Ok then if you can find out and give me your motherboard make/model. Or if it is a pre-build PC then the make/model of that should do. And post back in here with the information please.

I can then find and go through what settings you may need for you if you want.

EDIT: Also did you check exactly or do you know anyway what the model of that Audigy card is you have? The reason i ask this is because on that first link i gave you there is also another link to some other Audigy cards. This one http://forums.creative.com/showthread.php?t=553341

Just check and double check that you are getting the correct drivers for the right card first. Has i said before these are great drivers due to the installer that comes with them. If nothing else. Because it's the Creative installer that as caused a lot of problems for so many people in the past...

Last edited:
Windows 7 Professional (x64) (build 7600)
Install Language: English (United States)
System Locale: English (United States)
Installed: 3/31/2012 8:13:56 PM

(PC was designed for Vista)

Gateway GT5426E 210
System Serial Number: GCX7121005161
Enclosure Type: Desktop

Board: ELITEGROUP MCP61P 1.0
Bus Clock: 201 megahertz
BIOS: Phoenix Technologies, LTD 6.00 PG 01/30/2007

2.60 gigahertz AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core
256 kilobyte primary memory cache
2048 kilobyte secondary memory cache
64-bit ready
Multi-core (2 total)
Not hyper-threaded

My audio card is
Creative Technology Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy Eax Hd Internal Sound Card Sb0090 03461

ive tried, checked, rechecked countless times that i had the right drivers, i get the exact same result everytime i try to install. right now im trying to find an update for my BIOS but it seems i might have the current version which is 6.00

Take a look at the motherboard and see if there are any bulging or burst capacitors. Since the card is working on another computer I'm suspecting a bad motherboard.

I don't know of any system that allows the user to "turn off" pci slots so I doubt there is anything in there that will help you.

might it have something to do with the fact that i have the PCIX enabled for my vid card?

Last edited:
I found a BIOS that goes with my motherboard, (dont know if its a lesser version, same version, or newer version to the one i have) but my computer model it supports is not listed, if i downloaded this BIOS, would it work? or is it hardware specific?

---------- Post added at 04:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 PM ----------

I do not see anything that looks broken at all

---------- Post added at 04:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 PM ----------

i think im going to shutdown, take out the audio card, and plug something else in, maybe an ethernet card for example, and see if it is detected. ill get back to you in a few

Back
Top Bottom