15 years old, 1st computer build (gaming)

Nice catch!

Just a thought ... you might look in the DIY section of newegg Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more! and see if they have a combo kit with a lot of the parts you're looking at already put together at a discount. Or maybe find an equitable or better assembly. Could save some $$$ this way and allow yourself to spend a little more towards the video card or something else.

At the very least, look through mobo/cpu combos ... Im sure they'll have some bundled Phenom's with mobos somewhere ... save $20 or something going that route.

Thanks. On the same vein, there are combo kits from Tigerdirect that offer a great jumping off point.

A heatsink is a must, im also getting 2 more fans. I have a 200 gb drive for this pc which i barely use. I was thinking about using the SSD as a boot drive and to use the drive i have on this pc as my permanent.

Thanks for the help.

I beg to differ on this build. It looks like a good build to me. The only thing i would change would be the graphics card, save up a bit and get like a 560 or even a radeon hd 6870 or higher. You will not need an aftermarket heatsink unless you plan on overclocking which i am assuming you will not be.

I'll check out the Tigerdirect bundles, and newegg bundles in an hour or so.

---------- Post added at 04:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 PM ----------

I beg to differ on this build. It looks like a good build to me. The only thing i would change would be the graphics card, save up a bit and get like a 560 or even a radeon hd 6870 or higher. You will not need an aftermarket heatsink unless you plan on overclocking which i am assuming you will not be.

The only problem I think I have with getting a better graphics card, is that I'd have to get a better more expensive CPU. Which may go a bit past my expenses. Yet I am going to search for some bundles to save some $. I'll consider your recommendation.

I'll check out the Tigerdirect bundles, and newegg bundles in an hour or so.

---------- Post added at 04:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 PM ----------

The only problem I think I have with getting a better graphics card, is that I'd have to get a better more expensive CPU. Which may go a bit past my expenses. Yet I am going to search for some bundles to save some $. I'll consider your recommendation.

the Phenom II supports the newer cards. I didnt look at the link and i agree with ohsnap, you will need a heatsink since that cpu doesnt come with one, silly me

Heat sink, 2 fans, maybe a new OS if the current boot disk i have doesnt work, find bundles, better video card, anddddd an optical drive... checklist..

---------- Post added at 04:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:14 PM ----------

Would it be better for me to get a case that came with a power supply? or would that power supply most likely be too unreliable? what should I look for in a good power supply?

Decided on getting a Radeon HD 6850, but cant find any bundles. Actually kind find bundles or deals for anything. Changing my graphics card takes me up to almost 600, excluding the optical drive i have yet to find and the heat sink i havent found yet either.

---------- Post added at 04:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 PM ----------

New video card choice : Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6850 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity (100315L )

Memory/CPU combo. Play the system right and you could save money elsewhere and apply it towards doubling your memory amount. Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more!

Power supply/Motherboard combo. Here's where you could maybe save $10-$30 depending on which you like and if you think it's comparable to P.S. you've selected already.
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more!
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more!

What I did is I went to the different product links you have and towards the middle of the page is a link for Browse for more combos. Clicked on that and found a few things that could work in your favor.

Back
Top Bottom