Need help identifying RAM

Swagg1

Solid State Member
I gave my Dell Inspiron 1525 which originally had 3.0 GB of RAM on it to a repair shop called MyTech inside a walmart supercenter , I needed the hinges repaired
I got it back, but noticed it was way slower, when I looked at the RAM, it now said 1.50 GB , I thought maybe one of the RAM cards were not installed properly, but they were both in, is it possible, they switched out the RAM ?
If they did I had no idea that they would have done such a thing
I have 2 pictures of each of the RAM cards, just wondering, would these be originally installed on a Dell Inspiron 1525 from the factory, I bought mine brand new
Thanks

Attachments

• AwQwL-pCQAAHFcp.jpg
    AwQwL-pCQAAHFcp.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 8
  • AwQv9KFCIAEzKiM.jpg
    AwQv9KFCIAEzKiM.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 6
Thats only a half gig ram card yours should be a 2gb stick and a 1 gb stick looks like someone wanted your 2gb ram stick man. Thats why I don't trust repair shops i do it myself.

If you've got proof that you brought your laptop to the repair shop with 3 gb of RAM, I'd demand they return the missing memory, demand they refund your money for abusing your trust in them as a customer, then report the business to your local Better Business Bureau or equivalent agency in your area.

Thing is, is that I don't actually have proof that it had 3 GB of RAM, maybe it would be written somewhere in the manual, Ill check, Im going tomorrow to the store, and demanding they return the missing memory card

If you still jave the box it will be on the box but not in the manual those are generic to the machine and they have different ram, processors, and harddrives for each model they put out

Going by the specs of your laptop it should have either 2 or 3 GB of ram.
If you have the original receipts and documentation that came with the laptop then you a case to prove this to the store.
Very unethical of the store in doing this..... hope you have luck resolving this issue...
Report the store to your local consumer authorities as this is a breech of trust.

Technically, the did steal from you. If they try to make excuses, threaten to involve police.

Yeah, couldn't find any proof there was 3GB of RAM in it before, and also, the repair was a really long time ago, many months ago, maybe 7 months ago, when I got it, I first reset it, but then stored it away until last week, when I took it out again to see if it was working
It is, just way slower

Oh well, if it was 7 months ago then you just lost your argument with them as they will throw it back at you for not coming back straight away.:facepalm:
No proof is not good...

End of story.

Last edited:
Don't know much about RAM or computers but I was wondering, If I replace the 512 mb memory card with a 2GB one, what will happen? Will I lose any memory or anything?
Also, wondering if I change the processor out with a faster one, what will happen then?
Any significant changes?
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom