Video card not decting when installed

KwonMinWoo1

Solid State Member
Hello everyone I have an ATI Diamond Raedon X1300 video card and when I install in to the computer and turn the computer on the monitor doesn't seem to get a signal or respond. Now when I remove the video card and restart the computer it starts up just fine with no errors. So I'm wondering is there something wrong with the card or am I doing something wrong.
Thanks

Start the pc without card installed. Del all drivers and software for the on-board graphics an the ones for the new card. Power down. Then install New card an power up an install new drivers.

I've done that and still the same issue, its as if as soon as the video card is in, the monitor does nothing at all and doesn't turn on. I don't know if it has something to do with the motherboard or the video card itself.
Oh by the way my on-board graphics device is a SiS 650/651/740/661FX/741/760 Series

Make sure that the bios is sending the video via the cards ports and not the old motherboard graphics port. It should do this automatically but might be worth a check. Check if you get a display through the motherboard graphics when you have the new card in. ?

Stupid question but are you plugging the monitor into the video card or leaving it plugged into the on-board card?

Stupid question but are you plugging the monitor into the video card or leaving it plugged into the on-board card?

I'm plugging it into the video card but there is still no change I may have to check the bios again but I'm not sure how to change the priority from the on board graphics card to the new video card.

As all bois's are different its hard to guide you however normally it gets changed automatically.

Before worrying about the bios settings you can confirm that this is the problem by plugging in the vga into the motherboards graphics port, If you get a display then you know you need to tweak something in the BIOS. If not then i would say its either a faulty socket or a faulty card.

That's what I'm worried about, I really hope the card is not damaged or the socket isn't damaged. Most people say that its something that I may have to change in the bios so I hoping that's all that needs to be done

You should be setting up and install your VGA cards. This is the normal procedure if you just installed new card for your video.

Back
Top Bottom