Getting a new computer. 1500 budget

bjjdude

Beta member
Well i have a 1500 dollar budget for a computer, This is factoring EVERYTHING
So it includes tax, shipping, Everything.
I also need to get a good moniter with this, I would like for the computer to be mod compattable to (i have no idea how to do this now, but i am probibly going to learn)
And i would prefer for some stuff to be bought at best buy, but i am fine with it not being bought there.
Thanks in advanced =)

I'm sorry for the delayed response, but here's what I've come up with. Don't think of it as something set in stone, but more something to get you started. Another thing to note is that all these prices come from newegg.

CPU: Intel i5 3570k (Gives you the option to OC) - $229.99
CPU cooler: Artic Cooling Freezer 13 (Feel free to upgrade if you wish to do some serious overclocking) - $39.99
Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-v pro - $209.99
HDD: 500GB Western Digital (Increase or decrease storage size as necessary) - $99.99
SSD: 128GB Crucial m4 (not necessary, and could be bought at a later date) - $124.99
RAM: 8GB(2x4GB) 1600mhz GSkill X Series - $46.99
PSU: Corsair HX750 Modular - $144.99
OS: Windows 7 Home Premium (Assuming you want Windows, that is) - $99.99

Total: ~$900

That leaves $600, roughly, for the other parts; monitor, case, DVD drive, keyboard, mouse, and a GPU.
I'd recommend a Dell UltraSharp monitor, whatever size you like. Case is completely up to personal preferences (so I can't help you there sorry). DVD drives aren't that important, most will do. You can even get a Blu-Ray player if you want. The keyboard and mouse are also down to personal preference, but you don't need to spend too much money on them if you don't want to. And the rest of you money? Spend it all on the graphics card.

Then you should be good to go

Thank you verry much, Do you know of any tutorials to build out of parts like that?
(i have no experence in something like this, And i don't want to mess up xD)

Go onto newegg's YouTube channel. They have 3 videos on building a computer; one for getting the right components, one for building the pc, and the last for installing software

Hmm... I am a bit afraid about building it, i would like to consider getting a nice computer now ( pre built) that can be upgraded later...
And another option is i have a really crappy widows computer now... Its like 8ueas old and i would be revamping it completly, and wiping put all software, as it doesn't really work.. But thats a option.

Last edited:
Ok then, Is there a nice computer to start with that can be upgraded? (it has to be powerfull now though)

Back
Top Bottom