Help With Building New PC

sgtnrs11

Solid State Member
Hi all, I have decided for the first time that I would like to buy parts and and put together a pc, rather then buy a premade one, which I have heard is the best way to do it for price. I would like to be able to game pretty well on it too as well as the other obvious things all computers can do. Could someone perhaps help me with what parts I should get to get a good gaming computer at a good price? Thanks for the help :)

Hi sgtnrs11 :)

I think first members would like to know what your budget for this build would be and would that budget include Monitor, Keyboard, Mouse ?

Mkay, I would have to say no more then like 1300 and dont worry about the mouse keyboard or moniter, I can get those cheap on my own. Thank you for the helpt though :)

I would suggest a amd processor on a budget like that you could pick up the new 6 or 8 core amd fx processor. graphics wise i would suggest the new radeon 7850 or the 6850 as these are both good gaming graphics cards. just make sure you choose a good wattage for your power supply and make sure it has over 25amps on the 12v rail.

6 or 8 cores would be very unnecessary, I'd recommend getting a 4-core Intel processor, perhaps the i5-3570k if you want to OC. However I would second the 7850. It's a great card, which once OCed, out-performs the more expensive 570

Here's some more tips on the other parts;

• The case is purely down to personal preference. Mine is the fractal design r3, which is brilliant, but as I said it's up to you.
• If you decide to go for an Ivy Bridge processor (the most recent intel CPUs), or a processor you'll then OC, make sure to get an aftermarket cooler.
• Best go for a Z77 chip motherboard for future-proofing.
• As for the PSU go for a well known brand (Corsair, XFX... etc.) or else you could damage the whole PC.

Feel free to ask any questions

definitely get a good, well known brand of psu. I recently built a pc with a Cit psu (under £40 for 740w) and when it broke it damaged my mobo.

I agree with edsterr on the processor I5-3570 (£172) with a z77 mobo (£90-£120) and the 7850 is definitely the card to get.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom