Microsoft surface

berry120

Fully Optimized
Thoughts?

Surface by Microsoft

Personally I think it's too little too late (again on Microsoft's front) and I *really* don't like the look of it. The video is a prime example how not to do a video as well, and uses a load of artistic stuff to tell you precisely nothing about the product!

From what I could find on the web, prices start at $599, too much for me, I'm perfectly happy with my $250 Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0.

The base track on that video is just plain annoying.

So they have two models, one ARM and the other x86. What is the point of this? They're intentionally segmenting the market right from the start. Seems like it would have been smarter to use x86 for all the tablets. ARM only seems like a good idea if they're going to allow OEMs to release them dual-boot with android, or if the OS is going to be installable on third-party android tablets. It's probably going to be a hassle for developers, since they now have to release two different versions of their programs.

As far as tablets go, the x86 one looks like it could be interesting. Personally, I'd rather just get a laptop though. Tablets don't seem to have any advantage in normal computing. Only thing they're better at really is being toys. The one exception I've noticed here is people like doctors, IT admins, etc. who seem to like them because they can easily be used without being put down on a desk or table. But this really doesn't apply to the general user.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom