New GPU issues

The one thing that blows my mind is how cool it stays. My 8800GT wasn't supposed to exceed 205 degrees F, but when I played Rift and some other games that card would stay running at 225F! I can't believe it never melted down. The GTX560 idles at 128F and never goes past 171F!

The Guild Wars 2 beta is this weekend so I hope the card performs well with that game. GW2 was the main reason I upgraded my card. I played the beta a few weeks ago and the 8800GT didn't run the game as smoothly as I would like. I really like my eye candy!

GTX 560 idles at 55 degrees?!

The GTX 280 is notoriously bad, and only idles at 45 for me, and my airflow is not hugely good. :eek:

So crazy you found this thread and you signed up to reply. Small world huh? I'm going to PM you!

EDIT: Also, welcome to the forums!

PM'd you all the info you should need. And thank you for the warm welcome :)

GTX 560 idles at 55 degrees?!

The GTX 280 is notoriously bad, and only idles at 45 for me, and my airflow is not hugely good. :eek:

And yes. If that is 55 Celsius it's running high for idle temps. My GTX 560 idle's at 26 - 28c. And under full load never goes above 60c. I have EVGA Precision running with a auto profile when browsing etc. And a 50% fan speed profile when in 3D applications. My old GTX 260 used to only idle at 46c.

By the way as well. When i first got this GTX 560 i tried the latest Nvidia drivers (301.42). They have so many bugs it seems for the 5xx series cards. My card was running 20 degrees higher than with the driver's i am now running, which are 285.62.

So Szat, if you are on the latest drivers maybe try a rollback to the one's i mentioned above. Make sure to use "Driver Sweeper" in safe mode though after uninstalling old drivers.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom