Graphic card suggestion for a desktop

DAF1

Beta member
Hi, all

I recently purchased a desktop few days ago and I'm planning to upgrade its graphic card so that I may play recently released games at high/ultra settings with 30+fps.

here are the specs

-AMD Fusion A6-3620 2.2 GHz quad-core processor with turbo Core Technology up to 2.5 GHz

-AMD Radeon HD6530D Graphics

-4gb DDR3 RAM 1333mhz

-300w power supply

HD6530D came with the motherboard and doesn't seem to produce enough power as dedicated graphic cards

I plan to upgrade RAM upto 8gb as well as power supply into 500w with the purchase of new graphic cards.

I'm not a expert at computer hardware but it seems to me that Radeon is generally cheaper than Nvidia graphic cards so I plan to get Radeon.

Also, I only have 1 PCI-E x16 slots so I can't do SLI or Crossfire.

I'm currently considering Radeon HD6750, but I'm not an expert so any suggestions?

Be careful what you buy in terms of power supply, you will need to replace it if you want a good GPU.

I'm an Nvidia man, and would automatically say 'GTX 560'

But, I am not so good with ATI cards.

I'd recommend, so long as it's not outside you budget (btw how much are you willing to pay for the GPU?), an HD 7850. It's better than both the 560 and 560ti and will OC to outperform the 570

I'm willing to spend about $150-200 for it, HD7850 looks like a good option but I'm not sure if it will be bottlenecked by my CPU. I also heard that Nvidia is releasing new graphic card on this 25th so I could wait a while

Back
Top Bottom