Why I don't like Macs

berry120

Fully Optimized
I really don't get all this hype about "Macs".

I get it when they were invented back in the 19th century when there was nothing better around, but these days a normal coat is made from nicer material, tends to be warmer, and doesn't feel like you're wearing rubber tarpaulin.

Why do people still really like them?

367926b.jpg

*Sorry. I couldn't resist ;) Please ensure any replies stay on topic. I'm talking about raincoats etc. here.

Haha. Thought this was going to be another apple thread.

I like those because they're very small, lightweight, and you can just throw them away when you're done, so no need to deal with a wet/muddy coat. I tend to throw one in the pack whenever I go hiking, even if it's not supposed to rain. Definitely saved me from getting soaked a couple times.

Couldn't you just scotchgard whatever you happen to like?

Have you actually tried that? I have, and it really sucks. Repels sweat, the clothes don't breathe properly, and there's still nothing to cover your head. The cheap plastic ponchos are usually so oversized that I can slip them over the backpack too, which is really nice since I usually have expensive camera gear.

I was fooled until I saw who posted it and then I was intrigued. Don't know how serious you were, but I'm with foothead in that they are much more useful than a coat.

Where I live there's basically a chance for pop-up thunderstorms most of the summer. And since it's usually 90+ degrees (farenheit) a coat is out of the question. They are nice to throw in a bookbag when you head to the zoo or to the amusement park.

It was more as a jokey thread than anything else ;)

But yes, I must admit I do prefer a good coat instead, even if it takes a while to dry afterwards. Being in the UK though when it rains, it's usually not the warmest as well..! If there *is* a thunderstorm in the middle of the summer, I'm usually freakishly choosing to run out in it with no coat / mac on at all!

I have a duster I wear and a fedora both repel water very well and make people think "what is this guy hiding" but to each their own

My car coat with hood works just fine in rainy and or cold weather. Having been a sailor I'm used to getting wet.

Back
Top Bottom