New GPU issues

I wonder if it will change the situation if you use older drivers instead? I usually always go for the latest one, but ... worth a try right?

Yeah, I rolled back 2 releases and it works a lot better. Same frame-rate, but less frequent drops down to the teens. Still pissed though haha.

I bet! I have really high regard for GTX 560. It's a shame they messed up on recent drivers!

The one thing that blows my mind is how cool it stays. My 8800GT wasn't supposed to exceed 205 degrees F, but when I played Rift and some other games that card would stay running at 225F! I can't believe it never melted down. The GTX560 idles at 128F and never goes past 171F!

The Guild Wars 2 beta is this weekend so I hope the card performs well with that game. GW2 was the main reason I upgraded my card. I played the beta a few weeks ago and the 8800GT didn't run the game as smoothly as I would like. I really like my eye candy!

hmm, both are 256 memory bandwidth, the 560 has 1gb of memory, you would think it would perform better. I think you problem would not be your gpu but maybe your cpu? just my thought. My rommate is running with an HD 6770, which is a lower quality card than the 560, is running d3 on high settings with no stutter and high fps. Doesnt make sense to me that this would be a gpu problem, especially when the gpu is a beaster

Think about it, 5 year old CPU trying to processor a game that just recently came out

Last edited:
Yeah, but once again the 8800GT is out-performing the GTX560 in D3. Also, D3 is the only game giving me problems.

both are 256 bandwidth, thats probably why they would be the same performance in D3 or even as you said, the 8800 is performing better than the 560. but now you shed new light on the matter by saying it is only with D3 that has the problem. maybe the drivers not compatible with D3 at the moment?
Interesting issue, please let me know if anything new happens or gets resolved

Hi Szat,

I made an account just to let you know that i am running the exact same motherboard/CPU and also a GTX 560. I recently upgraded from a GTX 260 that had more or less died on me.

After some research before buying the GTX 560 i was told that i wouldn't see much of a perfomance boost as my Q6600 would hold me back. Well was they wrong!

Put it this way when i played Dirt 3 for instance on my older GTX 260 on DirectX 9 and all medium settings i was lucky to see the FPS hit 60. Now with my GTX 560 on DirectX 11 and maxed settings the FPS never goes below 75. And the temps of this card are like half of what the GTX 260 run at.

Anyway on to your problem. If you are running the Q6600 at it's stock speed of 2.4GHz then the CPU is bottlenecking you GPU. You can easily reach 3.0GHz overclock with the Q6600 on stock cooling, and providing your whole system has ample airflow too. 3.6GHz on a custom cooler with ease also. But i run mine at 3.0GHz with a Tunic Tower 120 cooler and to this day (Touch wood) have never had a single issue.

Going from one graphics card to another and seeing no change in perfomance, FPS etc is a well known tell-tale sign of bottlenecking.

If you need the settings for your bios for say an 3.0GHz overclock i would be more than happy to pass them over.

Also if you are already overclocking then there is obviously something else not right somewhere.

I hope this helps you out in some way. :)

Ahhh! Just noticed in one of your earlier posts:
Might sound weird, but does my CPU being 5% overclocked matter at all? I only ask because on a forum I was reading someone said make sure the CPU is stock clocked before installing the drivers.

Not sure what the 5% Overclock is (2.5GHZ?) If so then it's not enough for the GTX 560. Another thing to keep in mind is a lot of the settings in the bios require manually setting instead of Auto settings. This goes for most motherboards as auto settings a lot of the time under volt the components.

Like i said anyway i have a rock solid stable 3.0GHz overclock so if you want the settings just gimmi a shout ;)

Last edited:
Hmmm. It wouldn't let me edit my previous post agian...

Anyway i just wondered Szat, which PCI port do you have that X-Fi Xtreme Gamer card in? Or is it a PCI-e 1 card?

Reason i ask is because i had to move my X-Fi Xtreme Music card from my second PCI slot. Which is the one just beneath my GTX 560 due to it cutting off to much air flow to it. So my Sound Card is now in the top PCI slot and caused me a few problems at first and also has a "2" infront of it within the sound control panel now.

Some software such as Winamp had to be reconfigured for this new setup of my sound card. Plus my Mic wasn't working at first. After lots of re-installing drivers i think i have finally sussed it. But still my question still stands.

Thanks in advance ;)

So crazy you found this thread and you signed up to reply. Small world huh? I'm going to PM you!

EDIT: Also, welcome to the forums!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom