Is a KVM switch what I need?

What if I have both monitors directly plugged in via DVI to my desktop then get a docking station for my laptop that supports multiple monitors and then plug both monitors again via VGA to my laptop dock.. then all I will have to do is change the inputs on my monitors which would be just a button.. will that work?

As for keyboard/mouse/speakers/etc.. When I am using my desktop my keyboard/mouse/speakers will be fine.. when I switch inputs for my laptop use I just use the laptop keyboard.. unplug my wireless mouse from the desktop with the wireless communicator in the laptop and just use its own speakers.. ideally I just need the visual monitors for work(ie excel/pdfs/word).. everything else doesn't need to be connected.

..ideally i could use the same keyboard/mouse/speakers but I think I could get by without.

What if I have both monitors directly plugged in via DVI to my desktop then get a docking station for my laptop that supports multiple monitors and then plug both monitors again via VGA to my laptop dock.. then all I will have to do is change the inputs on my monitors which would be just a button.. will that work?
This is just a thought, and I am not sure if it will matter. Do the two monitors sync to the same clock when using VGA connections?

Back
Top Bottom