Certain file - directory

Do you know of a way to make a batch file that converts other batch files into .exe and allows me to change its icon?

You can use a BAT to EXE converter. Some allow you to change icon. I do not remember the name of the converter I used, but there are many out there.

I know I could but I just finally got a system restore to work on my laptop and I'm trying to download as little as I can

Batch files are scripts (they do not compile). So unless you already have a compiler installed, and you write batch files to invoke them for the conversion (which would still be the work of the compiler, not the batch file), then no, you cannot convert a batch file to an EXE with a batch file natively.

But they compile codes in their respective language (C++, Java, Ruby, and Python), not batch files, which essentially is just a list of DOS commands.

I am not sure why you need a converter actually. You should still be able to execute the batch file?

i can, but i want to change the icon but i dont want to have to create a shortcut of the batch in order to do that

You could reassign a different icon for all batch files. You could use FileTypesMan to do the same. There is no way to change icon for one specific batch file without creating a short cut.

Back
Top Bottom