It is a virus, indeed...

SamanthaB

Beta member
Hi,
The other day I got infected ( I don;t know how yet) with a program called Security Shield 2012. It slows down my computer and blocks my applications and I feel like it controls my computer :angry:
Can someone tell me how to get rid of it (manually I mean), because I read some articles but they did not help a lot...

Backup the Documents you wish to keep just in case of file corruption

Make a new user account, install a good AntiVirus, or download something like the full AVG on a trial, run it on the user account you just made.

If this fails, run Malwarebytes AntiMalware on the user account you just made.

If these fail, download F-Secure Rescue CD, burn it to a disc, boot from it and run the scan through, the Virus will go, but it will delete files if they're infected whether they are important to you or not.

Thanks for the fast reply. I will try to do this this evening and I hope it will fix everything. Also, can you recommend a good anti-virus program? There are so many... I can't choose one.

Hiya Samantha

Malwarebytes (Freeware) should clear your system and for a permanent Antivirus application you could try Avast Free, Microsoft Security Essentials (Free), or Avira Free Antivirus all three work well, you could try them all one at a time see witch you like, just copy / paste the names in to your search engine :)

It looks like you have been infected with the security shield virus removal and can be easily removed

Last edited by a moderator:
Hiya Samantha

Malwarebytes (Freeware) should clear your system and for a permanent Antivirus application you could try Avast Free, Microsoft Security Essentials (Free), or Avira Free Antivirus all three work well, you could try them all one at a time see witch you like, just copy / paste the names in to your search engine :)

This is perfect but don't put all 3 on your computer at once. Try each one individually and uninstall them before you intsall the next one. I'm a fan on Microsoft Security Essentials and have been using on my computer and about 5 or 6 relative's computers with no issues.

Hi,
I hope you have already removed the virus. If not, you can also have a look at this article to find out more about the virus. I got infected with something similar last year (though it had a different name) and I can say it was a pretty nasty experience...

Indeed, I had a similar one, except that software on the website you linked to is not free either.

Non-free options are in my opinion not an option. Personally, I'd prefer to format my PC than pay for Antivirus/Antimalware

Back
Top Bottom