Can't send an MS Word file....

Adela1

Solid State Member
[Dell desktop; MS Windows 7 Home; Windows Live Mail Essential 2011; Mozilla Firefox]

I need to send a file to someone, I opened a dialog, highlighted the file, then >Send to >Mail Recipient and it shows an attachment icon in the email. But when I try to open it to see it before sending, it won't open, and it says this:

"The command cannot be performed because a dialog box is open. Click OK and close the opened dialog box to continue."

But, when I close the dialog...there's nothing left to click on!

I also tried "Save as" with a different name, then >Send to >Mail recipient, etc. but when trying to open the attachment, it says:

"Windows wants to know what program you want to use to open this file with." But I can't find the program!

I searched the web but they suggested to download a software or to change my registry. I'm afraid of both!

I do hope there is a way to go around this problem so I can send out this blessed file?

Thanks ever so much! Adela

Hey Adela.. First of all are you sure that your mail client is configured properly? There might be some recent updates that may have caused some trouble with your email client. Or instead you could attach your files if it is not too big through your email account directly..

Hello and thank you Johnny. Although I've resolved the problem by actually going round and round it, I'd like to be able to configure my email client, as you suggest it as, it's true, I shouldn't have to go the Evil Knievel way to do a function... lol!

Is there a way that a non-computer savvy like me could do?

Thanks again for any suggestion! :) Adela

P.S. Yes, the MS Windows Live Mail 2011 is causing more glitches than I can count. Asking the "experts" in their forums is a waste of time. Too bad MS can't be boycotted as they deserve! I tried to change to Thunderbird but missed certain great functions of WLM and changed back. This probably makes me...a masochist... lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom