Which of these laptops are best for me? Are they good deals?

Taylorawr

Beta member
Long story short, I want a laptop that isn't necessary for gaming, but for video, etc. Basically, I hate buying laptops that only a year later are very laggy online or become horribly slow. So instead of spending $400, I'm going to spend a bit more this time, are any of these good deals?

HP: http://i.imgur.com/L8olf.jpg
Price: $799.99
*For $100 I can upgrade to: NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) GT 650M Graphics with 2GB GDDR5 memory [HDMI, VGA]*

Lonovo: http://i.imgur.com/Vy1RQ.jpg
Price: $766.14

Asus: ASUS A73SD-TS72 Notebook PC - Intel Core i7-2670QM 2.2GHz, 8GB DDR3, 750GB HDD, DVDRW, 1GB Nvidia GT610M, 17.3 Display, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, Brown, 1-Yr Warranty / 1-Yr Accidental Damage at TigerDirect.com
Price: $849.99

Thank you so much guys!

I think the Lenovo would be the best bang for the buck, the only shortcoming really is the 4gb of RAM, however I don't think it will hold you back. I'm also partial to not buying HP laptops, they've always gone south on me.

I think the Lenovo would be the best bang for the buck, the only shortcoming really is the 4gb of RAM, however I don't think it will hold you back. I'm also partial to not buying HP laptops, they've always gone south on me.

In what way?

I'd have to completely disagree with Mac. The lenovo has roughly 1/3 of the hard drive size as the HP, half the RAM and a lower-model CPU when compaired to the HP that is only $33 more expensive.

The real contest is between the Asus and the HP. I personally find Asus to be more reliable than HPs but their hard drive is smaller and video card not quite as good as the HP.

It pains me to say it, but the HP is tops here in bang for buck but I'd still lean to the Asus for quality.

I'd go with a Dell. I've owned dells my whole life and have never been done wrong by them. I'd say you are better off going with a Dell XPS, the cheapest one is 799.99, but I feel like that would be better than any of the above options. :) Out of the three that you listed, the only one that I would even consider would be the Lenovo.

Another solid thing with the W520 is they are quite durable, you can be a little rougher with them.

I would never go for a HP Laptop with what looks like a low price tag for the specifications described. If I was going to get a HP I would fork out a bit more cash and get a HP Envy Series.
However, the Lenovo, yes the specs are a lot lower but the build quality is better meaning it can stand more of a beating.
I am not really sure about the ASUS as I have never owned an ASUS Laptop.

I wouldn't assume a laptop is good because it is more expensive.

Could just be a sales ploy, what you SHOULD do, is look at reviews, see if there are any issues with the laptop models.

Back
Top Bottom