Random Chit Chat

The paint on the back of my phone is trashed, so I decided to redo it. Got it all cleaned up for painting, and now I'm kinda considering doing a different color besides black. I really wanted a purple one back when Dell was claiming they'd be available in colors, but that never did happen. Found an old promotional photo, and now I'm thinking the pink looks really good too.

dell-streak-5-android-france-02.jpg

No. As long as there is a nipple for each hole on the mobo. If not put a riser where there is no nipple.

nice its going to be new rig building time in a few weeks! I won't be using the included psu though people say its noisy and doesn't have enough connectors

also I installed windows 8 on my pos rig only problems I have ran into are every time I reboot normally it claims to be coming out of hibernation even with normal shutdown. And video lags something fierce when using the metro based video player (wmp and vlc work fine though) These may not even be problems though since the hibranation thing happens but windows boots in under half a minute even on a 8 year old rig

So... anyone here ever tried any rust removal products? I've been working on an old bike, don't really want to go through all this trouble of rebuilding it and not at least clean things up a bit. I see a lot of people using an oxalic acid soak, but I have a feeling that's going to be hard to locate.

So... anyone here ever tried any rust removal products? I've been working on an old bike, don't really want to go through all this trouble of rebuilding it and not at least clean things up a bit. I see a lot of people using an oxalic acid soak, but I have a feeling that's going to be hard to locate.

Couple of rough sanding blocks worked surprisingly well for me - they took it down to pretty much shiny metal again before painting with not much effort at all.

Couple of rough sanding blocks worked surprisingly well for me - they took it down to pretty much shiny metal again before painting with not much effort at all.

I'm not going to be painting over this though. The painted areas on the bike are all fine except the rack, it's the chromed parts that are rusted. Sanding would mess the finish up pretty bad, so i'm definitely trying something chemical first. Sanding would be a last resort.

Still no edit button, so i'll have to update in a new post.

Found some Oxalic acid in a local hardware store. 12 oz of crystals for like $7. I put it in a plastic children's pool and the bike is currently soaking in it. After about an hour, i took a small piece and rubbed it with a paper towel, which took off most of the rust. I'll post again after 24 hours of soaking, but it seems very promising.

Back
Top Bottom