Programming Computer

Scyere

Baseband Member
What would be a good computer to use if I wanted to do computer programming? (i.e. Games as well as programms such as notepad)
Please specify wether or not it is a laptop, and if price is know please include.
Thanks! :D

What language do you want to develop in, what OS do you want to develop in, and what's your target outcome for programs.

Right now, I could do most of my non-work related development on a cheap linux box running on a celeron with 1 gig of ram but that's because the language choice I've made and the app I'm developing.

Be realistic with what language you want to use and realistic outcomes for the next 3 years (you can't do a COD quality game in that time by your self even if you had experiance) and we can give you a better idea of what you'd need.

Ok, what compiler, what OS and what do you plan on building?

For compilers, just in windows you have notepad ++ (to a degree), Visual Studio and Eclipse and I"m sure many more but those are the ones I"m familiar with. Linux has a compiler built in and can be coded in any text editor. Your project and the available libraries for the OS and development tools can change everything when it comes to what you need.

Dev C++ hasn't been updated in 5 years, I use Code::Blocks. As for Notepad++, as far as I'm concerned it can't compile.

But the projects I plan to build are games AS WELL as programs such as microsoft word, Photoshop, ect.

I also plan to make website, I use Notepad++ for that cause it doesn't require compiling.

Aye, my friend. And unless you are up to the stage where you are thinking about thread management, Dev C++ should still be great.

Back
Top Bottom