Windows 8 Pre-release

kofaz

Baseband Member
So i just downloaded and installed the windows 8 pre-release on one of my machines and i must say it is a big let down it is such a horrible interface to use they really should have not made one os which would suit all kinds of products i.e the tablet,smartphone and pc. sorry for the little rant but what are other peoples opinions on it.

I haven't had a chance to try it yet, but could you give some examples of what is wrong with their interface? From what I understand, its basically a windows 7 base with an overlay, but I'm not trying to judge until I get a chance to try it out for myself.

I had to get this image offline because my memory stick is broken. But this is there new interface. You can select it to a normal desktop which looks like windows 7 but this is your first screen. One thing i did not like was when you go to watch a video from the video app it does not go to full screen and there is no option to change it, there is also a horrible bright bar above and below the video witch i cannot find how to change. Of course you can go to the normal desktop and find windows media player but im too lazy lol :lol:. I would prefer if there video app just gave a full screen option. Overall i am not to keen on the whole application interface oh and i forgot to mention once you close a window it doesn't fully close it a bit like when your on an iPod/iPhone you have to close it from the bottom task bar or else it will always be running in the background.
windows-8-550x309.jpg

If you know the keyboard shortcuts, it's not so bad. I don't think this interface is right for a PC though.

Windows 8 is built mainly for the home user who has a tablet or touch screen. This means that if you have a computer you might as-well stick to Windows 7.

I am also not a fan of Windows 8, installed it on a Hp I no longer have and used it for about 2-3 weeks. My main complaint is the metro Internet explorer. I know there still is a traditional desktop but from what I read MS is making a huge push to metro only apps at it's developers.

The thing that makes me upset is safe boot, I have heard that there will be and not be a way to turn it off depending on the manufacture and I pretty much only use Ubuntu which means I will have to stick with system 76 or Zareasons which I do not mind but I do like having options.

Back
Top Bottom