Email keeps getting hacked help!

kofaz

Baseband Member
ok so i had a hotmail account that got compromised a few months ago but no matter what i did the hacker always got my password again. so i tried to recover it and of course you need an alternative email so i used my gmail one. i got back in then closed the account. But now it appears the hacker has got into the hotmail one again because my gmail is trying to be compramised but luckly i have 2-step verification. i have unlinked the hotmail account from the gmail but it appears they keep getting into the 2-step verification page even though i have a 30 character password which is random numbers and letters what do i do!!!!:mad:

Try changing your password when you are on a different computer as it could be a virus stealing it. Also do a scan with malwarebytes to check.

Im doing it on my new computer which is clean as a whistle i have ran avast antivirus, malware bytes and rkill and there is nothing on the system. Plus the password is copy & pasted in which means there would have to be a clipboard keylogger on my pc which there is not. But thank you anyway

I'm gonna go with change your password. Here is the deal. If you are having to go through the 2 step thing everytime it means that there is someone trying to hack your password, it does not necessarily mean they are successful. I have had this situation happen to me also. Try changing your password and see what happens.

Personally I'd use four random non linked, but memorable words strung together as your password.

All they need to do is get into one E-mail account to get your password.

OR, theres a keylogger on your system, so whatever password you use, the information is sent to the hacker.

I use a random password generator and there is no keylogger on my system. They have stopped trying now though i think they have given up because of 2step or they cant crack my new password.
But thanks for everyone's suggestions

Back
Top Bottom