Gaming Computers

Scyere

Baseband Member
What is your guys's favourite Gaming computer? I'm trying to become a game developer and I need a computer that will run these really well with as little lag as possible. Think a computer that runs minecraft, COD, or any overly populated online RPG's.

---------- Post added at 03:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

I read today that AlienWear(or something like that) is good but seeing as though I haven't heard of it until today, I wanted to get other peoples opinions

Your best option is probably custom build as you can have the components that you want and need for the tasks you are carrying out.

If you try to develop for something that covers everyone's favorite setup you'll never get around to actually coding. Everyone has brand preferences but in the end all of them tend to use the same core parts and that's just whatever happens to be the best at that day.

For actually developing you won't need anything overly special. A computer with at least 8 gigs of RAM, a decent sized hard drive and an i3+ hard drive would be perfect. If you'd doing the graphics editing yourself then you'll want to add a Firegl or Quadro card (neither of which are good for gaming with)

I would first of all say DONT GET ALIENWARE! It is a waste of money, practically the same with any other pre-built system.

Do some research and build your own, it really isn't that hard to get your head around and if you develop games I am sure you can work this out.
I couldn't agree anymore with what celegorm said about the spec's of what you will need.

Back
Top Bottom