Looking for good reasons for moving into a larger apartment

... It's still odd that since it's natural that a person would desire more space (and willing to pay more rent), that it should be my business to decide and no one else.
That's true, but in your original post you did say that the rent would be the same. If the rent is more then who gets it should be based on whoever applies first, providing that there are no disqualifying factors such as a poor payment record or insufficient income.

That's true, but in your original post you did say that the rent would be the same. If the rent is more then who gets it should be based on whoever applies first, providing that there are no disqualifying factors such as a poor payment record or insufficient income.

I would have agreed with first come, first serve, but this situation is somewhat different. When I first moved in, I did inquire about moving into a larger apartment and I was told I would have to wait five years to get on a list which is in accord with what you're talking about. Very recently I learned that I don't have to wait the five years to get on a list and all I have to do is apply for a transfer (which I just did) so to my way of thinking, I would be given preference because I live here already, at this building, and I've been an excellent
tenant. So the question turns on when the next desired apartment becomes available.

Back
Top Bottom