How do I block an email 'server' ...

bulldogrsp61

Beta member
I keep getting spam from emails ... the "@servername.com" is always the same, but the username is always different.

I use Outlook Express 6 and I know how to block message from sender but that doesn't help when the username changes with every spam email from that "@servername.com" server.

I tried creating a rule to delete the message from MY server before it is downloaded to my PC by saying 'Delete from server' .. 'any address *@servername.com' but that isn't working.

So basically I want to block any email with @servername.com as the server address.

Any help would be appreciated.

I tried creating a rule to delete the message from MY server before it is downloaded to my PC by saying 'Delete from server' .. 'any address *@servername.com' but that isn't working
This is the right course of action. Could you describe your steps?

This is the right course of action. Could you describe your steps?

Highlight email message

Click MESSAGE
Then CREATE RULE FROM MESSAGE ...
Check WHERE THE FROM LINE CONTAINS PEOPLE
Check DELETE IT FROM SERVER
Click linked address (username@servername.com .. which of course is already included as a variable) and then in the field type/add the following :
*servername.com
*@servername.com
**servername.com

Could you remove the three entries and use "servername.com" (sans quotes) only? No asterisk.

Or if there are no subdomains involved, use "@servername.com" (sans quotes) instead.

Could you remove the three entries and use "servername.com" (sans quotes) only? No asterisk.

Or if there are no subdomains involved, use "@servername.com" (sans quotes) instead.

I did that as well.

every form of servername.com I could think of ...

servername.com
@servername.com
*servername.com
*@servername.com
**servername.com

But I'm STILL getting emails from this source ... just a different username everytime.

If instead of deleting from server, you chose to move it to a particular folder, does the filter work?

If instead of deleting from server, you chose to move it to a particular folder, does the filter work?

Not sure ... I tried creating another rule that said to just DELETE the emails and that didn't work though.

I'll try the folder thing and see if that works.

Back
Top Bottom