Trackpad Pinch Zoom Issue

Zenith

Baseband Member
Hi,

The problem:
Before: got the computer (refurbished) with hdd, already had windows and drivers, trackpad zoom worked ok in internet explorer (did not test firefox).

After: installed ssd, clean install of windows 7, setting up drivers. Installed default (from computer manufacturer's website) driver for trackpad: zoom works ok in IE7 (not very smooth but livable), in firefox 13 it does essentially the same thing as ctrl+/-, a single jerky motion no matter how far I move my fingers, I have to restart the gesture to get it to move again. Under device manager, the trackpad is listed as some kind of Synaptics device, as expected.
Thought the issue might be the driver, so I got the latest one for my OS from synaptics: installed it, and now gestures don't work at all, in IE or firefox. Device is still listed as a synaptics trackpad under device manager. In the synaptics control under Device Properties->Device Settings I find it listed as a "Standard Pointing Device" and no further options dealing with multi-touch seem accessible. Any ideas as to what might be wrong and possible solutions?

Thanks,
Zenith

Do you still have other features of Synaptics? Namely tap to click, vertical and/or horizontal scroll?

Vertical and horizontal scroll I don't have as far as I can see, but I do have tap click.

Tap to click is dependent of Synaptics configuration, so it seems like it is working. But like you said, you have also lost some features...

Do you have a restore point that you can go back to, to see if it'll work again?

It's a fresh install, I have the hard drive with the old system, but I don't really want to put it back in.

It seems that if I uninstall the Synaptics latest driver, pinch zoom works again, but in that annoying jerky fashion imitating ctrl+ or -. The one that remains and exhibits this behavior is the driver Samsung gives me for my model, which is also a Synaptics driver.

Back
Top Bottom