Looking for good reasons for moving into a larger apartment

Tech Explorer

In Runtime
Here's the deal. I want to transfer to a larger apartment in my building. Management would like me to justify the move to a larger apartment. I need more space for my stuff. I was thinking about saying that I'm claustrophobic, but I doubt that would be believable.

Can anybody think of some good reasons?

Claiming a condition is not a good idea because then you would have to produce medical recoreds, etc. What stuff have you got that would require a larger apartment? I am sure if it's legitimate, you could just describe the situation as is?

If you are a good renter I'm sure they will upgrade you to a larger apartment when one is available & of course you will pay more for rent.... unless they do not like you for other reasons.

At the end of the day it is about having a good paying tenant.

If you are a good renter I'm sure they will upgrade you to a larger apartment when one is available & of course you will pay more for rent.... unless they do not like you for other reasons.

At the end of the day it is about having a good paying tenant.

As it turns out, I'm an excellent paying tenant. The rent will remain the same.

Currently I live in a utility apartment. I need more space for my upcoming computer, a larger bed and a central heating & a/c unit was just installed which takes up space.

Unless management would charge a new tenant more per month for that apartment, why would they care which apartment you live in? I find it bizarre that they would ask you to justify your desire for more living space.

Are there possibly other, equally good, tenants in the building that are also asking if they can move into that apartment? If so, management could be trying to decide which tenant to give it to. In that case, they might decide to give it to the tenant with the best reason/need for the larger apartment.

Ask them which apartment they would prefer to live in.

I just realized that I haven't lived in an apartment since 1975! :D

Last edited:
As it turns out, I'm an excellent paying tenant. The rent will remain the same.

Currently I live in a utility apartment. I need more space for my upcoming computer, a larger bed and a central heating & a/c unit was just installed which takes up space.
No malice intended, like what strollin commented I find it strange why they care which apartment you use unless they are going to charge the next person more rent....

I put in my app yesterday. There may be a change in the rent after all which I'll keep you posted on after I get more definite information (there's more involved which I may say more later on). I can say in connection with the building I live in that there's a government program involved and I'm competing with other prospective tenants. It's still odd that since it's natural that a person would desire more space (and willing to pay more rent), that it should be my business to decide and no one else.

Back
Top Bottom