Keyboard letters wsx wont work

kelbo2gg

Beta member
Have a hp laptop dv2000 series and the keys wsx just stopped working bought a replacement keyboard from hp and it did the same thing and suggestions

I mean the keyboards the keyboard nothing really you can do, I would buy a Logitech keyboard and just plug it into the labtop and use it that way. Logitechs a really good company and you can find there keyboards for a decent price

If I understand correctly, the laptop keyboard doesn't work and the replacement keyboard didn't work. So suggesting yet another keyboard probably isn't the best thing right of the bat.

@OP, does the replacement keyboard work on another computer? Did the replacement work originally? Do they not work at all or do they not work in certain programs?

Have a hp laptop dv2000 series and the keys wsx just stopped working bought a replacement keyboard from hp and it did the same thing and suggestions
Check your cable connection from keyboard to motherboard, clean the contacts with a bit of alcohol/electrical contact cleaner.

Before we suggest the OP runs out and buys a new keyboard, there are a few things to try with the old.

I never said there was a setting to turn those keys off.

Also after re-reading the original post, I missed the word "replacement" and instead was thinking you bought a USB keyboard from HP. After seeing this, then my previous post is basically null and void. Instead try using a USB keyboard (as suggested) and see if it works - though the brand is really indifferent and it can just be one borrowed from another computer. I assume that since it's a laptop, you carry it around with you and keeping a full size keyboard with it is not very practical.

If the USB keyboard works, then there is likely a hardware issue on the system board.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom