Need help fast!!!

tj107us1

In Runtime
Hey guys, I have a computer that i disconected the hard drive from and hooked it up to my laptop to check for virus via a usb to sata adapter cable. Well now that i hooked up the drive and turned on the computer it gives me a error code and asks if i want to boot into safe mode or boot windows normally, then i click boot windows normally. It then reboots and then keeps giving me that same screen. Ive looked into BIOS and the hard drive is there so the drive didnt fail. So what it going on to cause this?

thanks for any and all help!!!!
tj

it loads the files needed to run windows into RAM than restarts and then shows the same screen. Would taking out the CMOS battery and unpluging the computer for a little while, would that work?

No. Seems like you might have a corrupt file on the drive or faulty RAM. Try running memtest.

How would i know which file it is if its a corrupted file. And how would i go about fixing it?

Does the computer not boot with the hard drive hooked up via USB or is it the computer that the hard drive came out of originally that won't boot up? Just want to verify that the computer isn't trying to boot off the USB adapter instead of the internal hard drive.

Did you find a virus? It's possible in cleaning it up some of the windows files were corrupted. Easiest fix I know of is to reload (after backing up the files using your USB adapter of course).

jmacavoli- It is the original computer that wont boot. When i press boot windows normally it goes to the windows splash screen and the meter gets halfway through and then it reboots. So it has to do with some windows boot file. I just dont know how to fix it!!!!! Are there any software i can buy that will go through that hard drive and fix and corrupted file?

Last edited:
If you can, boot the computer using a live CD that will allow you to edit the registry of the system.

Open the registry editor on the live CD and navigate to:
HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\CrashControl

Set the value of "AutoReboot" to 0 and that will disable automatic restart on system failure.

When you reboot the system, you should see a blue screen when it tries to reboot. Report back.

Back
Top Bottom