How big video cards? (Box full)

BuzzStPoint

Daemon Poster
I need to pick out a video card for my PC at work.
The internal isn't working to well with Linux so I'm heading down to the University Surplus store.

They usually have a box full of video cards. But no labels and most cards don't tell you what they are or sizes.
Is there any way of determining the card size by looking at the card externally?

If it's an older card it's a safe bet the memory chips are 32 or 64 MB each. As for the type of card if no sticker look up the GPU chip model. But most cards will have the model or type silkscreen on the circuit board.
You doing ok? My host walked away and left their customers hanging. SUX...

hey there... I'm doing alright...
Ninja walked away? I opened one on at Elite servers and left 4 days later, then reopened a host at Levelhosting.. Haven't had an issue, but then I haven't contacted support either. I don't need much anymore. Just a place to tinker around.

But... 32's or 64's.. They probably are older cards. Most of the good stuff are separated then marked up.. A lot of these various cards are 10 bucks each put into a box.

Back from the surplus.
Looked them up on my phone when I was there.
All 16MB cards left.

I did find bare bones Gateway computers (cases & mainboards/cpu) for 10 bucks.... If I only would have held onto all my old parts.

Back
Top Bottom