First Gaming computer Build!!

ShadowFiend

Beta member
I am about to order these parts from newegg.com but before i wanted to make sure that everything is compatible and to make sure that i am getting the best for my buck. The main thing i am worried about is the motherboard.

CPU
: Intel core i5-3550 Ivy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost
Newegg.com - Intel Core i5-3550 Ivy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 2500 BX80637I53550

Video Card
: EVGA 01G-P3-1556-KR GeForce GTX 550
Newegg.com - EVGA 01G-P3-1556-KR GeForce GTX 550 Ti (Fermi) FPB 1GB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

Power Supply
: Cougar A-Series a560
Newegg.com - COUGAR A-Series A560 (CGR B3-560) 560W ATX12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Ultra Quiet Power Supply

Motherboard
: BIOSTAR TZ77B LGA 1155 Intel Z77
Newegg.com - BIOSTAR TZ77B LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS
or should i go with
Intel BOXDH77KC LGA 1155
Newegg.com - Intel BOXDH77KC LGA 1155 Intel H77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

RAM
: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-pin DDR3
Newegg.com - G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL

Hard Drive
: OCZ Vertex 2 OCZSSD3-2VTX 120G 3.5" 120GB
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820227590
Case
: Rosewill Challenger Black Gaming ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
Newegg.com - Rosewill CHALLENGER Black Gaming ATX Mid Tower Computer Case, comes with Three Fans-1x Front Blue LED 120mm Fan, 1x Top 140mm Fan, 1x Rear 120mm Fan, option Fans-2x Side 120mm Fan

Let me know what you think, going to order today!

I'd go for the Intel board over the BIOSTAR one, just because BIOSTAR have a reputation as cheap and cheerful, and Intel are market leaders. No other reasoning than that really.

Usually you'd use the SSD for the OS, provided massively improved loading speeds and general out-of-game performance, as well as any additional stuff installed on it.

Not sure about the PSU, but then again im not in the USA so i've never heard of it, i'd personally stick with Corsair or Coolermaster.

You do not have to worry about hardware compatibility for all. Why is that? This is because each hardware vendor already has a standard for use on other hardware. To ensure compatibility on any hardware, things to consider is the type of processor and the socket on the motherboard.

i was planning on using my old computers hard drive for the OS using SATA. [/url]

I just need to make sure that you are aware that you can't just plug a harddrive with a windows OS installed and expect the new computer to boot up from it, right? because you can't. re-install is necessarily.

I would recommend getting a corsair power supply just because that cougar model seems cheap. Dont overlook the power supply because it is what gives your computer life and is the most important component of a build. Do not go cheap with a power supply, you will regret it down the road

I would recommend getting a corsair power supply just because that cougar model seems cheap. Dont overlook the power supply because it is what gives your computer life and is the most important component of a build. Do not go cheap with a power supply, you will regret it down the road

Agree psu do matter alot, if in doubt get reviews or do the weight test, the heavy it is usually the better it is, as its get better parts (in theory). But dont cheap out on a motherboard, as sometimes depending its hard to find motherboard drivers online, i found his out with a mates MB.
ref=as_li_tf_tl

Back
Top Bottom