Why I think Macs are overhyped

I have owned one, used them a lot.

From my experience they freeze up more than Windows does, but as the Mac 'Loading/Not responding' mouse icon seem to be the same, people claim it's loading, whereas on a Windows machine, the Mac users moan that it's not respinding.

Ok, I say the following as a windows fan-boy:

I will never buy a mac. I love being able to grab any motherboard and any processor and throwing whatever I want on it without having to worry about compatibility with the OS. Basically, I like being able to design and build from the ground up. Short of selection options on Apple's website you can't really "build" it your self.

That said, any professional needs to acknowledge that Macs have their uses. They have a simple UI and because of their control on parts very high reliability. They are great work stations and laptops that do a great job with multi-media applications.

It should be pointed out the OP has yet to return and comment on this post.
Also, this is heading towards a Windows vs Mac debate and we all know how those end.

The way I look at it is like this:
You buy what you think you will be comfortable with and what can do the job you intend to use it for. Apple has a leg up on video and music composing and editting. PC's have a leg up on grunt work and gaming.
Just a matter of what fills the need...

We could go on forever about why Macs suck, or why PCs suck; but it's a Cheddar Vs. Edam discussion, no one will ever Win. Fanboys are fanboys; computer bisexuals like myself like to use both for different things. You'll never convince me either is better or either is worse; you'll never convince a windows fanboy that Macs have their uses; just like you'll never convince a republican that Obama ain't all that bad.

Again that is not my opinion as I don't care if you use Windows, Mac or Linux as they all have their flaws, just please don't push your opinion as you sound like a Windows Fanboy!

OP is an asshat for subtly starting ANOTHER Mac Vs. PC thread.

Well this forum does need a bit of traffic, and there's nothing like a controversial thread to create it...

Almost every OS is overhyped - apart from my favourite, MS-DOS 4. Still use it exclusively on my i7 box, there's nothing like it for speed, efficiency and modern features. Admittedly it can't run modern games well, but there's always room for old favourites, right? :)

Back
Top Bottom