really REALLY tough computer needed

aPanzerIV

Daemon Poster
alright so i'm trying to help out a friend here. I was thinking of taking a dimension 4000 (giant plastic case) and sealing it with hot glue or something, but those are so slow it ain't funny.

The last several computers hes had have been destroyed by his idiotic brother, they both share them.

As far as i am told, he keeps taking the covers off and screwing around, pouring crap on them.

Whats a desktop/laptop that's pretty much idiot proof, it would also help if it had some sort of elaborate locking system for the side panel.

I was thinking of a Panasonic toughbook, but they are really expensive and usually don't have graphics any good for gaming.

He doesn't game much because his last desktop had crappy intel graphics in it, but i know he plays minecraft and TF2, so a pentium M or higher would be cool. He also has skype so a microphone is a must, a webcam would also be good to have.

There are computer desks that allow you to put the tower in a locking cabinet. That might be the best option.

Haha, I don't think he's into reorganizing his parents house, but that is a good idea.

I've actually taken interest into the good old CF-29.

I've never actually had one, but i can guess that it handles minecraft similar to the R40 I had, probably even better considering mine was 100mhz slower than the 1.6ghz one I showed him.

At $180, its actually pretty cheap too, so unless there are some sort of tough-desktop things?

There are some really tough aluminum cases out there; the best solution might be to just get a machine with the specs you need and then put it in a different case, one that locks up.

How old is this kid, anyway? Baseball bats are usually pretty good deterrents... :rolleyes:

There are some really tough aluminum cases out there; the best solution might be to just get a machine with the specs you need and then put it in a different case, one that locks up.

How old is this kid, anyway? Baseball bats are usually pretty good deterrents... :rolleyes:

I think his brother is 10, he tried complaining that I should shut up because i'm "rich" because I have $30. His argument was basically that he was overweight because he was poor because every cent he got he spent on candy. Totally valid argument there bro, ever thought how much a new computer every week costs? XD

I think his brother is 10, he tried complaining that I should shut up because i'm "rich" because I have $30. His argument was basically that he was overweight because he was poor because every cent he got he spent on candy. Totally valid argument there bro, ever thought how much a new computer every week costs? XD
LOL, this got me in a good mood before coffee kicks in. :D

Oh, I know that guy... he's a tool. So's his little brat of a brother.

Here is what happens in my house-- new computer goes to my wife. I get her old one (I fix or upgrade it as necessary). Mine goes to the either the eldest daughter (who usually doesn't want to change from what she has) or to the son, and his goes to the youngest daughter, who breaks every computer she has on an almost monthly basis.

I take my time fixing her computers, and she has to read (OMG!) or listen to her .mp3 player or something to entertain herself until it does get fixed.

I am not rich (not putting one kid through college and one graduating high school here in the land of fruits and nuts), but I have enough to hit the eBay once in a while for spare parts for a four-year-old laptop...

Back
Top Bottom