What will be the next technology to go?

I wouldn't exactly call blu-ray the "in thing." Sure, it's the newest technology, but it really hasn't been nearly as widely adopted as was intended. Most people seem to still be using DVDs, or not using any physical media at all.

Intresting subject :p I don't know to be honest lol The things that are out already are pretty good :)

I think it's very unlikely that newspapers will be around much longer. They've pretty much been replaced by the internet,

You will never kill the newspaper, internet will never replace it but enhance it.

You will never kill the newspaper, internet will never replace it but enhance it.

I still buy a paper, I have enough of looking at a screen all day so don't intend to read it on an ipad/kindle or anything. Its just not the same

Same way you had to get all your VHS tapes to DVD (or perhaps you aren't old enough to remember that :rofl:)....
Oh I do remember, but would you trust solid state devices.... had quite a few usb sticks failed/corrupted and I do not intend to have a drawer full of usb sticks for the amount of existing software I have
I do have back ups on external hard drives.

Some people embrace changes enthusiastically, others don't!!!

The humble DVD will be around for quite a while....

Last edited:
I understand what you are saying, but I guess I was referring to movies and not so much data. And i didn't say they would vanish forever...you can still find VHS tapes and VCR's if you look hard enough...I just meant they will be replaced with either streaming media or blueray discs. Also, what about SSD? People trust those with their OSes so why not USB sticks in the same format?

Still not convinced regular hard drives will disappear any time soon in favour of SSDs - for that to happen they need to provide about 10 times the capacity / price ratio than they do now, otherwise for most people it's just not a feasible option for large amounts of data. I'm not going to be using them to store all my DVD rips any time soon for instance...!

Given that prices haven't come down on them that much in the last year or so, I don't think we're going to see the 10 fold plummet any time soon...

Back
Top Bottom