HP printer

That is unfortunate, but a new All-in-One printer can be as cheap as $99 (or less). You can get just a printer (no scan/copy functions) for as low as $29 (HP Deskjet 1000 Printer | HP® Official Store).

Even straight from HP's website there are printers for $69-$99. I'm sure you can find some better deals in a place like Wal-Mart or Sams Club (depending on where you live).

Before you go purchase another one...

The HP all-in-ones are a freakin pain. We avoid these printers at all costs but some execs swear by them so we have to purchase them.

First, uninstall any driver you have for the printer through device manager. Then unplug the thing.

Next, run the full feature install. It will add some garbage to your PC but don't worry, you can remove later. It will tell you when to plug the printer in. It installs some software needed to communicate with the printer, then you plug it in, then it install the actual driver after that. It's a pain, but that's the only way I've ever been able to get an HP all-in-one to work.

I tried what you said but it still doesn't work.

But now my sister says she has another 1, also an HP, n found the CD for it.

As it turns out the other HP is the same model as this 1 I have. We put in the CD but had trouble installing but we finally got it to work but we don't know how. But now it doesn't work anymore. It's doing the same thing as before! :eek::facepalm:

You could try running Advanced System Care and running Deep Care to see if that will help resolve the issue, or SFC /SCANNOW option to get Windows to check its file integrity (the XP CD will be required for this though).

What Operating System are you running? Can you unplugged the printer, uninstall all the software and drivers associated with it, and start over?

Put in the CD and follow the steps. I've never had any problems installing USB printers in my life.

At the very least, you could just plug in the printer, wait for windows to ask for the driver, browse to the CD and select it and it should at least let you have a printer (you may be missing some of the advanced functions but you should be able to print).

I'm assuming that a new printer is out of the budget since you are struggling with these old one so much. Please keep in mind, printers are made to be "throw-away". In other words, when they die you throw them away and buy new ones. These printers are 8 or so years old so there is a good chance they simply don't work anymore.

Rackmountsales,

I'm not sure the Advanced System Care would help because I don't know if the problem is the computer.

jmacavalli,

My operating system is Windows XP. A new printer isn't out of budget. This "new" printer is to replace the 1 that just died. It belonged to someone we know and went to my sister's where it wasn't being used. We put in the installation CD but it didn't give any instructions which we found surprising, it just listed a whole bunch of names. I then tried uninstalling the other 1 so the "new" 1 is default, but it's the same thing. And now it prints out a sheet with yellow bars every time I turn it on so it wastes paper and ink.

Anyways, I'll be consulting my technician on the phone on Monday.

Ok. I still just suggest buying a new one since they are so cheap (just check ink replacement prices before you do). Let us know if you find a solution.

I talked to my technician and he said it's an installation malfunction and offered to take a look at it but couldn't guarantee he'd be able to fix it and it would've cost about 50$ so I bought a new 1, a Canon Pixma MG 2120 at some 80$, and I inserted the CD but nothing showed up!:eek:

So the technician came and he wasn't able to install the HP and said it was pretty much finished. Nothing showed up with the Canon CD because it didn't work automatically so he did it manually and did the installation. So now it's all OK n it prints great.

Back
Top Bottom