Build/Setup Advice ~$3K

MangoTangoFox

Solid State Member
I would greatly appreciate it if you could give me thoughts on an upcoming build/setup.

Newegg Wishlist of the Build:
Once You Know, You Newegg

A few things to note:
I have some of the parts already.
I'll be getting the ASUS GTX 670's (not available yet), NOT the 680's!
I'm showing some of the peripherals, to show the theme I am going for.
I already have an asus monitor, matching the one in the list, so there will be 3 total, Ben-Q in the middle.
I will be running the Adobe Suite, 3D Rendering (C4D and 3DS), and gaming, of course.
I can't decide between the 5.1 Logitech Speakers, or the higher quality M-Audio Monitors (They are $115, NOT the price in the wishlist)

Also, I have a few things already, that will help you picture the completed setup:
Microsoft Sidewinder X6 Keyboard
Red Axiom 49 Midi Keyboard (Piano)
Black Drawing Tablet
My Dad's studio monitors (Will be replaced by either the Logitech or M-Audio Speakers)

Thanks in advance to anyone that gives me their feedback! :D

Why only 8 GB RAM. I mean, it's probably enough, but in this type of build why not go for more (especially with 4 slots on the MOBO)?

Why only 8 GB RAM. I mean, it's probably enough, but in this type of build why not go for more (especially with 4 slots on the MOBO)?

Ive had 3 people say this to me... -.-
Please look at the quantities of each item:
I have 2 SETS of 2 STICKS of ram = 16GB
And 2 GTX 670s (680 in the list)

Edit: That is a very odd coincidence that we both joined Jun of 2009...

Nice build. May I ask about the 2 different monitors?

I will have 2 of the Asus (I'm already using one), for multitasking, up until I can afford the $500 3D/120Hz Ben-Q, along with the second GTX 670 to power it. I'll slide that in between my two Asus monitors, for 3 different setups:
1 at 120fps/Hz, 1 in 3D 60fps per eye, or 3 in 60fps each...

The single card will power one monitor, in almost any game at above 60fps. And two can handle all of the above setups at said fps in most games.

Yes it is. Weirder is that you have 16 posts and I have 2,330... :lol:

My apologies about the quantity, as I thought I checked there but I either missed it or I looked over at the wrong line.

Back
Top Bottom