Welcome to the future

On a more serious note, this is what technology is all about. Not playing those stupid computer games but giving back the lives of those that have some sort of disability.
The hearing implant along with research in to vision implants and now remote robotic limb control may just yet give way to a full body prosthesis. See Ghost in the Shell anime series.
We're taking baby steps in the right direction so it may not come in this generation. But at the pace tech is moving forward, some time down the road it could be possible...

This is quite amazing. I wonder though, does it have any way to give feedback to the brain, or is it only really controllable when the user is looking at it? I know that for a while we've had ways to do that by sending electrical signals through nerve endings, but I'm not really sure whether that would have worked in this case. I'm also not sure if they ever figured out a way to do it where the nerves weren't pretty much destroyed after a few months. Nevertheless, very cool, I look forward to seeing what comes of this technology in the future.

Back
Top Bottom