Need computer gaming help

Um, yeah, I just totally disagree with OhSnapWord. True gaming computers bring in new variables that your basic computer just won't encounter. I shouldn't really need to list them out, but think along the lines of more advanced hardware (which comes with a better understanding of such hardware, such as GPU, micro-stuttering, SLI/Crossfire, etc) the probable need for better cooling management (such as after-market coolers, more or higher quality fans, fan controllers, etc) and with gaming, commonly people will overclock, and I shouldn't need to explain that this is an entirely different and sometimes complicated area. It's a higher end "desktop", sure, but that's not it in a nut-shell. A harrier jet is more impressive and expensive than a simple biplane, but do think one who could make a biplane, could easily stick together a harrier jet?

Avoiding screen tearing I believe to be preference. I have a nice Samsung 20" LCD 16:9 monitor, but it's sadly limited to 60Hz, but I can just use v-sync (although without a controller, input lag is apparent, for me) and some games I just don't care about tearing, as it simply isn't that noticeable, for me. If someone has the money to blow (to really blow) then I can't fault getting past the common 60Hz, else it's just a waste of money. Must admit, though.. if I come across a monitor with a high Hz that doesn't break the bank... I'm gonna snap it up. [:

Last edited:
If someone built a desktop, they can certainly build a gaming computer. A gaming computer is different for everybody. Obviously the more hardcore gamers would want SLI/Corssfire setups with bleeding edge CPUs overclocked into oblivion.

A more casual gamer would be happy with a single middle/high end video card and a higher end processor, like an i5. Doesn't necessarily have to be overclocked.

It all depends on what the end user's goals are and how much they're willing to spend.

Okay so an HDTV 120hz would be awesome for it? And what's the most reliable brand to go with? I heard alienware is awesome but they overprice (i think).

Back
Top Bottom