Computer wont turn on..

lexicon66

Beta member
My System wont turn on any idea what the issue could be the MB is a asrock x58 U. I just hope I dont have to get a new system. I had 24GB ram 3 TB HD and a 950I7. cant go to walmart and buy that. :( Any help? Thanks. the bios rest buttons light up and the are actually on there is a power button on the MB it does not turn on.

Mine was kinda doing the same thing. I unplugged everything except a small fan to see if it worked and when it did i started plugging in one thing at a time to find out the problem. Mine turned out to be the graphics card.

tried that I cant afford to relace things it my be my main board I had an extra gpu. it was not that but maybe both are bad. So I will have to have some one test it and I even work in IT just do not have testers. I think its a bad MB and video card so I am SOL. I have a laptop but thats it for now I guess going to be moving here soon to a bad where I can get a job in IT.

You'll have to be more descriptive. Any error messsage?

the computer does not turn on so there is no error message.

---------- Post added at 01:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 PM ----------

^This.

Also, what were you doing before it wouldn't power back on? Were you configuring BIOS settings? Overclocking? Get back at me.

No OCing I acutally was just typing at the time. Power off no message no blue screen it just died. power button does nothing MB power on does nothing cant be the PSU the MB gets power it must be the a combination of things CPU dead... memory dead every thing needs replacement need a new PC and this fing sucks...

the computer does not turn on so there is no error message.

---------- Post added at 01:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 PM ----------

No OCing I acutally was just typing at the time. Power off no message no blue screen it just died. power button does nothing MB power on does nothing cant be the PSU the MB gets power it must be the a combination of things CPU dead... memory dead every thing needs replacement need a new PC and this fing sucks...

Exactly what happens when you press the on button? Does the fan in the power supply come on?

PSU failure is gray because there can be partial failure. The motherboard might get power but that doesn't mean the PSU is good. I have seen plenty of PSUs that come to life when you ground the green wire in the main connector, however when connected to a system, it would not power on. Your best bet is to test using a known good PSU.

Back
Top Bottom